MCG Pro in Elite Dangerous

Moderator: AdminGroup

Bohemond

MCG Pro in Elite Dangerous

Postby Bohemond » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:57

Does anyone else have any issues with Elite: Dangerous not picking up any inputs from a MCG Pro on a Gunfighter base? I'm getting zero inputs recognized while trying to map controls in game, neither buttons or axes. The inputs do show in both Windows and in VKB config. I'm stumped :cry:

rtrski

Re: MCG Pro in Elite Dangerous

Postby rtrski » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:37

No problem here. Are you set on keyboard and mouse at the top of the bindings page vs. custom?
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:35

Bohemond wrote:Does anyone else have any issues with Elite: Dangerous not picking up any inputs from a MCG Pro on a Gunfighter base? I'm getting zero inputs recognized while trying to map controls in game, neither buttons or axes. The inputs do show in both Windows and in VKB config. I'm stumped :cry:

Don't cry, cool down please and dig into the game settings. Here I cannot help, as it is not a device-end problem.
There are guys who had the same situation but managed to tune up the game's settings, and everything is OK now.
By the way, MAKE SURE you are running this FW!! http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Firmware/BlackBox/BB_GF_v1_91_E.zip
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Bohemond

Postby Bohemond » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:28

rtrski wrote:No problem here. Are you set on keyboard and mouse at the top of the bindings page vs. custom?

Set at custom. All other hooked up controllers show up ( Bodnar based button box, X52 throttle, and MFG Crosswinds ). No joy with the MCG, tho.

I’m sure it’s something simple, I just haven’t figured it out. Thought I’d ask and see if anyone else had this happen. Kinda odd, since my old Black Mamba worked fine out of the box.

Santagio

Postby Santagio » Mon Jan 15, 2018 13:25

Are you launching E:D through Steam? Someone said "Turning off "Generic GamePad Configuration Support" in Controller settings solved the issue for me."
I play through the Elite launcher and had no problems seeing my MCG Pro.

Bohemond

Postby Bohemond » Mon Jan 15, 2018 15:06

Santagio wrote:Are you launching E:D through Steam? Someone said "Turning off "Generic GamePad Configuration Support" in Controller settings solved the issue for me."

Negative, no Steam. I will check that setting when I get home, tho. Thanks

t00thPIK

Postby t00thPIK » Wed Jan 17, 2018 21:02

Bohemond wrote:
Santagio wrote:Are you launching E:D through Steam? Someone said "Turning off "Generic GamePad Configuration Support" in Controller settings solved the issue for me."

Any updates on this yet? I'm interested to know if you got it working.

Cheers

Bohemond

Postby Bohemond » Fri Jan 19, 2018 15:04

t00thPIK wrote:
Bohemond wrote:

Cheers

Moved usb cable from powered usb hub to a USB port on my tower. Lo and behold, E:D picked up the inputs. Dunno why that would make any difference. All my other controllers connected thru that hub are recognized fine in game. :? Regardless, I’m all good now. Thanks to all who had input into this issue. <s>

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Fri Jan 19, 2018 19:59

Try the powered Hub again later. It might still work. I didn't do it with any real purpose aside from convenience, but the first time I tested the stick in Elite it was plugged directly into a USB port on the computer...one of the front case headers provided from the motherboard.

I moved it to a powered Hub when I tidied all my cords later and mounted the stick, and it still worked. Maybe I accidentally avoided your frustration without knowing it.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

t00thPIK

Postby t00thPIK » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:21

Bohemond wrote:
t00thPIK wrote:
Bohemond wrote:Negative, no Steam. I will check that setting when I get home, tho. Thanks

Cheers

Moved usb cable from powered usb hub to a USB port on my tower. Lo and behold, E:D picked up the inputs. Dunno why that would make any difference. All my other controllers connected thru that hub are recognized fine in game. :? Regardless, I’m all good now. Thanks to all who had input into this issue. <s>

Thanks for the update.

All my CH gear is plugged through a powered USB hub and all work fine. I find USB tends to be finicky at times, though. I've had many strange problems with it over the years. There are probably fixes for these little issues that crop up, but I've not looked into them.

Return to “General discussions”