Upgraded to MCG Pro: Recognized in IL2 control assignment, but not in game

Moderator: AdminGroup

Bearfoot

Upgraded to MCG Pro: Recognized in IL2 control assignment, but not in game

Postby Bearfoot » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:34

I've been using the KG12 + Gunfighter Pro Mk II in IL2 (and DCS) for a long time. Recently, got the MCG Pro, and after a few stumbles, got it working fine .... in DCS.

In IL2, the stick axis and buttons are recognized in the control assignment dialog, but not in the game. Weirdly, while it is recognized in the control assignment dialog, when I click the curves window, it too does not respond to any stick movements.

I don't think this is a problem with the stick or grip or firmware (as it works fine in DCS and, for that matter, the IL2 control assignment), but is there something folks here did to get their stick recognized in IL2 game after upgrading.

Note that I have just upgraded to the latest firmware, defaulted, calibrated, etc. following the instructions. And note that it is not just the grip buttons, but also the stick x + y axes that are not recognized in the game.

Bearfoot

Re: Upgraded to MCG Pro: Recognized in IL2 control assignment, but not in game

Postby Bearfoot » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:06

Ok, weirdness.

When I first went through the control assignment after upgrading etc., the VKB stick was recognized as "joy10".

After running through the problem described in the previous post, I tried to reset/default the IL2 control key mapping assignments and try again from scratch. Same thing, same problem.

Then I tried to reset/default the IL2 control key mapping assignments, and then manually delete all the default key mappings for the control assignment (e.g., delete the arrow keys for pitch/roll, etc.). THEN I tried to assign VKB to the axis, and:

(1) it got picked up as "joy3"
(2) it worked!

No idea why IL2 got so confused, but there it is ...

Return to “General discussions”