Question about MASTER MODE (РЕЖИМ КБО) hat.

Moderator: AdminGroup

eosmundson

Question about MASTER MODE (РЕЖИМ КБО) hat.

Postby eosmundson » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:56

Is there any information about how this hat works and the how the button works?
For me the hat shows up as POV1 in VKBDevCfg and pressing the button in Test mode didn't appear to do anything.
In the Device Report this button is listed as #23 MASTER MODE Push Microstick Mode Switch. Instead of "B", which I assume means button, it is listed as "uSSw Tempo POV1" and says Switch Mode: Tempo.
I also noticed that if I pressed the button in for a longer press, the Rot X and Rot Y axes were either unresponsive or they would move along the axis and stop where left and would not return to center. I assume this is due to whatever mode the hat is being set to.

How exactly does this button control these modes and what are the modes intended for? For the moment I have configured that hat to function as button presses at about 90% movement.

Is there something way cooler this hat can be used for?

Thanks,
eosmundson

Victorus

Re: Question about MASTER MODE (РЕЖИМ КБО) hat.

Postby Victorus » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:22

Please read this topic http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2762.
What device are you talking about? What versions of software/firmware do you use?
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

eosmundson

Postby eosmundson » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:47

Hi Victorus,
1. I'm using the Gunfighter Mk II Rev B with MCG Pro.
2. It looks like the device firmware is v1.917.
3. Factory installed springs.
4. Default cams. #10, I guess.
5. VKB device Config v0.83.85
6. I haven't tried the VKBjoytester. I'm not having a problem with the stick.
7. I'm guessing this is why the axis doesn't recenter when I move the ministick.
vkb_gunfighter_mcg_pro.png

I don't have any problems with the stick.
I haven't changed any settings on the stick aside from here:
mcg_pro_pov_settings.png

I'm just wondering what the intended behavior of the Master Mode ministick and button is supposed to be? Is it supposed to be used as a hat? What does the Tempo mode of the button press on the stick do?

Thanks.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Wed Dec 27, 2017 21:37

uSSw Tempo POV1 works as analog stick #1 mode selector.
Tempo – mode depends of pressing time. Otherwise you can use -for example - Button type mode selector.
_BMW_uSSw.png

Stick mode will be switched when button pressed only. Default mode – analog stick or POV – depends of POV mode on start checkbox state. To see Button mapping wizard dialog open Profile - Buttons - Physical layer tab. Check Poll. Press (physicallly)) uSSw switch button. You will see red dot on one cell. This is line, corresponding to this physical button. Click this cell and get BMW dialog.

WARNING/ADVICE!!! Before ANY action SAVE current profile. Press Save button and specify configuration file name. In case of troubles you can Load this (working) profile and return joystick to life))).

With your configuration short press resets relative axes of connected stick (#1) to zero position.
Long press switches stick modes: analog/POV. So “longer press, the Rot X and Rot Y axes were either unresponsive “, stick begins to work as POV.
Analog mode: Relative axes RotX and RotY response to stick movement. Usually axes work as absolute. Absolute axis response value corresponds to stick position. For Relative axes response value corresponds to stick pressing time in desired direction. Stick deviation can specify movement speed. If you release stick, its response freezes. Press uStick Switch shortly to reset axes.

After uStick Switch long press analog stick becomes POV. For your configuration (screenshot 2) POV#1 - Low resolution 8way hat switch. Analog stick turns into 8 buttons. Their numbers begin from 30. Logical button will be pressed at 90% of stick movement range.

I recommend to read and study this user guide https://yadi.sk/d/7FMUBTQa3Q9uH5. Unfortunately it does not contain data about sticks/POVs yet. But you can find a lot of useful information about controller functions, axes, buttons, common parameters and so on.
Wish you success!

eosmundson

Postby eosmundson » Wed Dec 27, 2017 22:48

Thank you very much, Victorus.

This is exactly the information I was looking for.
I'm going to start going through that manual you linked.
I looked at it earlier to see if I could find information on configuring the MCG, but it seemed like it was older and didn't cover the MCG.
It looks like it will still be helpful until an updated manual becomes available.
I am very impressed by how customizable and programmable these controllers are.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Wed Dec 27, 2017 23:56

HARE VKB!)))

aaron886

Postby aaron886 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:56

Could I set the GATE CONT (Cyrillic-y stuff here) mini-stick to also work this way? I tried setting up POV2 to also use a tempo switch between axis and POV mode, and it didn't work. MASTER MODE mini-stick stops responding with the uSSw/Tempo, and simply shows the default mode (POV.) The GATE CONT mini-stick shows only the absolute axes, and no POV, regardless of whether I check POV default or not. (Note... I am using an extra register to hold a brake lever button press in Button 25.)

SnowTiger

Postby SnowTiger » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:14

1. I'm using the Gunfighter Mk II Rev B with MCG Pro.
2. It looks like the device firmware NO IDEA ? Where do I find that ? As far as I know, it is the most recent because I downloaded and installed (or executed) all of the most recent files (by date) in the file/software download page.
3. Factory installed springs.
4. Default cams (No Center Detente).
5. VKB device VKBDevCfg-C_v0_87_0_5

I have tried VKB JoyTester.exe as well as Wizzo to look at things.
I'm pretty much just confused now although I realize that VKBDevCfg is the most important Setup Software. But it is complex and could really use an Online/Offline HELP button within the GUI.

I am writing to ask specifically about the Button PRESS action of the Trim Hat (aka Master Mode switch aka uSSw).

I use this Hat as my TRIM Hat i.e. as a 4 way. However, I am unable to use the Press Axis (for lack of a better name) to Reset Trim.
In fact, I am using the Pinky Button (left side below the Thumb Hat Switch thingy .. pardon my literal ignorance). I cannot get that button press on the trim hat to be recognized as a button press.
Furthermore, as you know, if the button press is Held for about 1 second, the Hat no longer does Anything.

Now while I know that this ability to use the same Hat for some other function AFTER the button press has been Held, I currently have no use for this ability (that may change as I learn more about this stick and it's software).
But for now I would really like there to be NO OTHER Functions with this Hat other than Trim Only. And it would be nice if the Trim Reset could be done by pressing the hat button.

It really sucks when you are trying to Trim while while doing other things (like trying not to crash !) and find that the Hat is doing Nothing ? Only to realize that you must Press and Hold the button in order for the Hat to return to its Trim Functions.

Can someone please help me with this ?
If possible, I learn better with clear explanations and/or images. That said, if possible, I'd like to hook up with a competent user of this Stick and Software on Skype or Discord or Teamspeak. This will help me resolve this issue much more quickly while also maybe helping me have a bit of a better understanding of what can and cannot be done.

Thanks in Advance.
PS> I am in Ontario, Canada so I operate on Eastern Standard Time (eg: Toronto). However, I am retired (crippled) so I can connect with anyone wherever, regardless of time zone. i.e. At YOUR Convenience.
I am SnowTiger.
Hear Me ROAR !

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 13:04

How much I understood (I do not speak English - I use google-translate), then here is the sequence of actions.
1. release uSSw 23 and assign it just a button
2. assign to the 8 button (pinky) switch uSSw
3. In the POVs tab, instead of the On / Off mode, set Always
4. In the game itself on the central button of the microstructure (it is now free for us and is visible, like 23), we assign a reset of the trim tabs
5. If trim tabs are assigned to the microstitch axis, the reset to the center will be from Pinky, where we moved the switch (step 2)

Video here.

SnowTiger

Postby SnowTiger » Tue Jul 31, 2018 20:10

Thank you.
I will give that a try.
My version of software is a little different (I haven't found the POLL checkbox yet) but the rest looks familiar.

Very complex software to say the least.

Thanks again. The Video is a nice touch too.
I am SnowTiger.
Hear Me ROAR !

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:42

SnowTiger wrote:I will give that a try.

Tell us how it worked for you.
Yes the soft utility is not that intuitive... I know.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:54

SnowTiger wrote:Thank you.
I haven't found the POLL checkbox yet).

Look at Profile - Buttons - Physical tab. Upper right corner (Poll). Show screenshot please. Will search together)
Software is really complex because of a big number of controller functions allowed for user. Some of them are difficult for understanding themselves, indeed. Alex_Oz tries to make user friendly tool but he can not (and does not want))) reduce controller possibilities. They are still growing so be ready for brain damage)))
Remembered: I am behind you, I always find you, I am the tiger. People who fear me never come near me. I am the tiger!

SnowTiger

Postby SnowTiger » Wed Aug 01, 2018 16:57

Okay I found the POLL checkbox. I had it on Logical Layer which is why I couldn't find it.

I will attempt to follow the previously posted instructions today and will report as soon as I have it done.

Thanks again y'all.
I am SnowTiger.
Hear Me ROAR !

SnowTiger

Postby SnowTiger » Wed Aug 01, 2018 20:20

Okay I have followed Ron61 's instructions including the attached video.
The part where in the video it shows hitting the Action Tab and the SET button, I don't get the same prompt to check the boxes shown being checked.

And while other than that I think I have done everything right, when I push/button the top hat, it does come up as #23 which is the same as Pressing the Right Side Hat/Button (which is also assigned as #23). I use that Side Hat for my TrackIR 5 Zoom In/Out Slow and Center View.

I'm so confused.

The fact is, I have been using the Pinky button as my Trim Reset but I'd really like it to be the top Hat Button/Press to do that and the Pinky button available for something else.

I think at some point I'm going to have to hook up on Discord or TS or Skype or whatever to have someone talk me through this.
I have been using computers practically every single day since 1990 so I can easily be directed. But I am slow when I comes to reading comprehension !!

But I'll try to make due for now I guess. I have a big Virtual Mustang Race on Saturday which I really need to be practicing for.
I am SnowTiger.
Hear Me ROAR !

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 21:55

We repeat from the beginning - watch the video. We do not pay attention to the numerical values of the folder names, we set the correct current ones so as not to get confused.

Return to “General discussions”