Question about MASTER MODE (РЕЖИМ КБО) hat.

Moderator: AdminGroup

eosmundson

Question about MASTER MODE (РЕЖИМ КБО) hat.

Postby eosmundson » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:56

Is there any information about how this hat works and the how the button works?
For me the hat shows up as POV1 in VKBDevCfg and pressing the button in Test mode didn't appear to do anything.
In the Device Report this button is listed as #23 MASTER MODE Push Microstick Mode Switch. Instead of "B", which I assume means button, it is listed as "uSSw Tempo POV1" and says Switch Mode: Tempo.
I also noticed that if I pressed the button in for a longer press, the Rot X and Rot Y axes were either unresponsive or they would move along the axis and stop where left and would not return to center. I assume this is due to whatever mode the hat is being set to.

How exactly does this button control these modes and what are the modes intended for? For the moment I have configured that hat to function as button presses at about 90% movement.

Is there something way cooler this hat can be used for?

Thanks,
eosmundson

Victorus

Re: Question about MASTER MODE (РЕЖИМ КБО) hat.

Postby Victorus » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:22

Please read this topic http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2762.
What device are you talking about? What versions of software/firmware do you use?

eosmundson

Postby eosmundson » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:47

Hi Victorus,
1. I'm using the Gunfighter Mk II Rev B with MCG Pro.
2. It looks like the device firmware is v1.917.
3. Factory installed springs.
4. Default cams. #10, I guess.
5. VKB device Config v0.83.85
6. I haven't tried the VKBjoytester. I'm not having a problem with the stick.
7. I'm guessing this is why the axis doesn't recenter when I move the ministick.
vkb_gunfighter_mcg_pro.png

I don't have any problems with the stick.
I haven't changed any settings on the stick aside from here:
mcg_pro_pov_settings.png

I'm just wondering what the intended behavior of the Master Mode ministick and button is supposed to be? Is it supposed to be used as a hat? What does the Tempo mode of the button press on the stick do?

Thanks.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Wed Dec 27, 2017 21:37

uSSw Tempo POV1 works as analog stick #1 mode selector.
Tempo – mode depends of pressing time. Otherwise you can use -for example - Button type mode selector.
_BMW_uSSw.png

Stick mode will be switched when button pressed only. Default mode – analog stick or POV – depends of POV mode on start checkbox state. To see Button mapping wizard dialog open Profile - Buttons - Physical layer tab. Check Poll. Press (physicallly)) uSSw switch button. You will see red dot on one cell. This is line, corresponding to this physical button. Click this cell and get BMW dialog.

WARNING/ADVICE!!! Before ANY action SAVE current profile. Press Save button and specify configuration file name. In case of troubles you can Load this (working) profile and return joystick to life))).

With your configuration short press resets relative axes of connected stick (#1) to zero position.
Long press switches stick modes: analog/POV. So “longer press, the Rot X and Rot Y axes were either unresponsive “, stick begins to work as POV.
Analog mode: Relative axes RotX and RotY response to stick movement. Usually axes work as absolute. Absolute axis response value corresponds to stick position. For Relative axes response value corresponds to stick pressing time in desired direction. Stick deviation can specify movement speed. If you release stick, its response freezes. Press uStick Switch shortly to reset axes.

After uStick Switch long press analog stick becomes POV. For your configuration (screenshot 2) POV#1 - Low resolution 8way hat switch. Analog stick turns into 8 buttons. Their numbers begin from 30. Logical button will be pressed at 90% of stick movement range.

I recommend to read and study this user guide https://yadi.sk/d/7FMUBTQa3Q9uH5. Unfortunately it does not contain data about sticks/POVs yet. But you can find a lot of useful information about controller functions, axes, buttons, common parameters and so on.
Wish you success!

eosmundson

Postby eosmundson » Wed Dec 27, 2017 22:48

Thank you very much, Victorus.

This is exactly the information I was looking for.
I'm going to start going through that manual you linked.
I looked at it earlier to see if I could find information on configuring the MCG, but it seemed like it was older and didn't cover the MCG.
It looks like it will still be helpful until an updated manual becomes available.
I am very impressed by how customizable and programmable these controllers are.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Wed Dec 27, 2017 23:56

HARE VKB!)))

Return to “General discussions”