MCG metal replica ETA & left-handed version

Moderator: AdminGroup

elecsys

MCG metal replica ETA & left-handed version

Postby elecsys » Wed Nov 01, 2017 23:59

Hello,
I'm trying to assess whether or not i should order the ABS molded MCG, or wait for the metal replica.
Can you guys share any rough plans regarding it's ETA? I.e. are you planning to release this sometime in 2018, or even further down the line along with a new base?
Will the metal one's be (functionally) compatible with the current line of Gunfighters, or will they demand stronger gimbals?

And are you going to offer a left-handed version of the metal MCG as well?

thanks

AeroGator

Re: MCG metal replica ETA & left-handed version

Postby AeroGator » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:40

elecsys wrote:ABS MCG, or metal replica. will they demand stronger gimbals? left-handed version of the metal MCG?

OK, let me grab this bull right by the horns.
Market wise there is no enough space for mass-production of a metal MCG (read: cast metal). Period.
However, we had made some metal grips by orders of military structures. We are capable of producing metal clones of the MCGs by machining them out of a solid chink of Al alloy. The cost of such individually made grip might scare off all but the most enthusiastic pilots, as it is going to begin from cr US$ 1,000.
Gimbals - no, standard GF will be OK with it.
Left handed version - same as above; as soon as the plastic left hand version is out, we can duplicate it in metal using the same technology (removing unwanted metal from a chunk). Cost will also be similar.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Return to “General discussions”