3 pins on the stick instead of the base provides extra safety when changing springs!

Moderator: AdminGroup

gavros777

3 pins on the stick instead of the base provides extra safety when changing springs!

Postby gavros777 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:04

Having to turn the base upside down to change springs one might have the base sitting on its 3 pins and while putting pressure to change the springs it might be very easy to bend the pins.
So the switch to the stick was a pretty clever idea. What do you guys think?

Hadarmil

Re: 3 pins on the stick instead of the base provides extra safety when changing springs!

Postby Hadarmil » Mon Oct 02, 2017 15:35

I think that frankly I don't care... :D

My Gladiator pro will get the MCG pro and I'll forget I ever had the KG12 grip. Even without any modularity it will probably be the 2nd best consumer controller in existence after the GF.

However they did change the socket at the last minute after A LOT of delays and their way of informing costumers seems lacking in any PR efforts. These are still very expensive peripherals...also now they have the same grips in 3 different sockets, so I hope the better manufacturing process is so much better it's worth having 3 redundant stocks for.

So, great engineering and beautiful products. Horrible marketing and questionable logistics...I can live with it. :D

gavros777

Re: 3 pins on the stick instead of the base provides extra safety when changing springs!

Postby gavros777 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:03

It looks you haven't change any springs yet and haven't felt the terror i felt when realized how easy it is to bend those pins.

Hadarmil

Postby Hadarmil » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:47

No, I haven't. They are not so delicate, in fact pretty sturdy compared to pins on many other connections - including TM. They're not claiming any fault with the connection - they say it's easier to manufacture the other way around and makes more sense they figured it out only AFTER actually manufacturing.

My point was that they promised modularity and the second it materializes it's all gone cluster-intercourse. 3 pin bottom, 3 pin up...shouting they are THE SAME!!! but will require a 25mm adapter...

So anyway, VKB are bad at PR. I hope I can buy their stuff soon so I can forget their horrid marketing and logistics and enjoy their engineering.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:45

gavros777 wrote:It looks you haven't change any springs yet and haven't felt the terror i felt when realized how easy it is to bend those pins.

Better late than never, thanks for bringing this up.
The pins are protected by a cap included in the retail kit. I believe the majority of users toss the cap out the moment they unpack the box.
Not wise.
The cap is in fact meant to protect the pins every time the stick is disconnected from the base...

Hadarmil wrote:1 - they say it's easier to manufacture the other way around and makes more sense they figured it out only AFTER actually manufacturing.
2 - they promised modularity and the second it materializes it's all gone cluster-intercourse. 3 pin bottom, 3 pin up...shouting they are THE SAME!!! but will require a 25mm adapter.
3 - However they did change the socket at the last minute
4 - A LOT of delays and their way of informing costumers seems lacking in any PR efforts.
5 - I hope I can buy their stuff soon
6 -horrid marketing and logistics

Shana tova, to begin with. Gmar chatima tova.
1 - Yes any modifications come as the result of certain time in use. Point me at any industry or specific merchandise that never modifies/get modified their existing models. Problems with VKB constantly perfecting our goods? Well, TM releases one model in 7 years. Maybe we should consider following their business model.
2 - We do not promise modularity. We offer modularity. You may mount different grips onto different bases, or use third party grips on our bases, or even create your own stick and we will as we always do bend over backwards helping you to make the system work together. If this is not modularity, I would love to know your definition of modularity.
3 - Good guys we are. We did it!
4 - Once again I have to refer you to the grands. Logitech and TM release one model in 7-8 years. We - nearly every year. That is what you call delays? You probably know old Mrs Fishman who goes to a restaurant, and after she's half through her meals a pale and stuttering waiter appears to ask her, Is anything alright?
5 - I'm totally with you on this, achi. :!:
6 - Unfortunately logistics is not what we can control in any possible way. You want to give a hand and become our dealer in your area? PM me...

Anyway, I hope you get lots of fun with our gear in the new year. I personally offer you my best wishes and will be happy to be around to help should you need it. L'shalom!
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Hadarmil

Postby Hadarmil » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:08

Thanks for the reply! :D

Any chance there's someone here(well, you know where) to buy from come November? Customs have a tendency holding stuff I order from you for weeks...

Shana tova! :D

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:17

Hadarmil wrote:Any chance there's someone here
That's where the problem begins. We have no dealer in your area...
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Hadarmil

Postby Hadarmil » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:08

Oh well, thanks. :)

Return to “General discussions”