Gunfighter Revision B

Moderator: AdminGroup

craighl4

Gunfighter Revision B

Postby craighl4 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:16

I assume all Gunfighters currently in the wild are the original version and that if we already have one, we should NOT be ordering the Revision B MCG's?

DHRF

Re: Gunfighter Revision B

Postby DHRF » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:57

MCG Rev.B – Compatible with Gunfighter Rev.B only!

redribbon

Postby redribbon » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:16

DHRF wrote:MCG Rev.B – Compatible with Gunfighter Rev.B only!

So what is the difference between old one and new rev.b?

craighl4

Postby craighl4 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:30

DHRF wrote:MCG Rev.B – Compatible with Gunfighter Rev.B only!

I am aware of this. I am just trying to confirm that all existing Gunfighters are not revision b.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:37

Let me re-post what I said in a different thread.

First, there is NO "NEW MODEL" - A and B versions are identical, technically and functionally, with a single difference: the contact group has been switched, what was on the top went to the bottom, and vice versa. We did it mainly to streamline the assembling process.

So, presuming you're wondering which MCG you should get:
IF you already have a GF, your choice should be MCG A;
IF you are going to get a GF, you should stay with MCG B.
IF you are going to buy an MCG set, then you don't have to bother about this A or B thing altogether.

Once again, the only difference between A and B is the juxtaposition of the parts of the contact group.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

craighl4

Postby craighl4 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:40

Thanks for the clarification.

Echo1432

Postby Echo1432 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:56

seriously, how many people bent their pins? I call BS.. this is utter crap, for every new grip is there going be a rev a and rev b? this is downright shitty. Myself and plenty of my friends bought into the gunfighter for the swappable grips and on the eve or preorder for the first of these interchangeable grips you guys swap the connector up? Are you going to at least offer kits for those of us with five month old "vintage" bases for us to make the switch?

redribbon

Postby redribbon » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:24

AeroGator wrote:Let me re-post what I said in a different thread.

First, there is NO "NEW MODEL" - A and B versions are identical, technically and functionally, with a single difference: the contact group has been switched, what was on the top went to the bottom, and vice versa. We did it mainly to streamline the assembling process.

So, presuming you're wondering which MCG you should get:
IF you already have a GF, your choice should be MCG A;
IF you are going to get a GF, you should stay with MCG B.
IF you are going to buy an MCG set, then you don't have to bother about this A or B thing altogether.

Once again, the only difference between A and B is the juxtaposition of the parts of the contact group.

Thanks for reply!
Was searching for it but couldn't find it since forum is in the mess.
A-version MCG for me than it is!

RecklessPrudence

Postby RecklessPrudence » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:49

I've got a slight worry. I pre-ordered a Gunfighter with no grip, because the savings were considerable once you converted USD into my local currency. I am intending to buy an MCG Pro to plug into it, but I'm aware some of the first-run Gunfighters had problems that meant they had to be returned. As my Gunfighter has not been tested (or even opened! NIB) since I received it, I am worried about what will happen once I finally plug my grip into it. If it's faulty, can I get a Rev. A to go with my grip? If not, assuming I get a Rev. B as replacement, what happens to my MCG Pro Rev. A, which would be useless with a Rev. A grip?

I know this is all moot if I didn't get one of the rare faulty first-run Gunfighters, but I'm still worried. Any reassurance you can give me would be appreciated.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:54

RecklessPrudence wrote:I'm aware some of the first-run Gunfighters had problems that meant they had to be returned...... can I get a Rev. A to go with my grip? RevA/RevB... RevA/RevB....

First and foremost, this "some of the first-run Gunfighters had problems that meant they had to be returned" is not true, simple and plain.
You might be confusing us with some other business (I even guess which one), but the situation you depicted had never happen to VKB's Gunfighters.
(having said this I of course don't mean that we had never replaced a single unit. just the number of replacements was absolutely negligible, half a per cent or so).
Next, we are currently producing some extra RevA units that we will not sell but will keep for emergency like replacement or alike.
So if you have RevA base and RevA MCG, and against all odds something goes wrong, you can rest assured we will have enough RevA units to deal with your problem.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

RecklessPrudence

Postby RecklessPrudence » Thu Sep 28, 2017 15:01

Okay, cool, thanks. And yeah, I probably am getting confused - it's not particularly late here, but I'm tired and have been for days, no matter how much sleep I get, so I'm not thinking the clearest.

Return to “General discussions”