Timeframe for new throttles?

Moderator: AdminGroup

faybs

Re: Timeframe for new throttles?

Postby faybs » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:05

Hi, new poster here, space sim pilot. Love what you guys are doing, and patiently waiting for the MCG with twist adapter!

+1 to adding a scrollwheel that does repeated "press" events when it's rotated in one direction and different ones in the opposite direction, just like a mouse scrollwheel. The Saitek X55 had one that was just perfect for selecting subtargets in Elite Dangerous. With a bit of practice you could give it a quick spin and target the enemy's powerplant in a fraction of a second (Elite has a keybind for "select next subtarget" and another for "select previous subtarget", that you can bind to the two scrollwheel events).

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Fri Oct 13, 2017 14:59

Guys, a competitor just released their throttle pics, and they're fairly nice. No, not asking you to comment specifically. Just hinting that it does look good enough some people may be quite tempted unless they have some sort of teaser image to know what might differ and be worth waiting for. And by some people yes I do mean I'm starting to go *hmmmm* myself and putting other people in my shoes. ;-)

Ah well, I'm sure theirs isn't really *available now* just teased, so the urgency isn't huge... I got all breathlessly excited about their stick as well but then calmed down when I saw some of the button limitations on it. Besides I did preorder your MCG-Pro + GF base (B combo) so I won't be making any other purchases until that comes in sometime in (hopefully early) November.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:26

rtrski wrote:Guys, a competitor just released their throttle pics, and they're fairly nice.

Yes I saw it last night.
They do look nice. We will do our best to make ours look and be nice :)
And yes, we all understand we had lost a bit too much time on perfecting the MCG, which we could/should've spent on the throttle.
Will speed up.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

StarLordRick

Postby StarLordRick » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:53

its worth waiting out for VKB. Just because star citizen 3.0 is coming out soon means nothing. Competitor is Flight Sim specific anyhow.

Return to “General discussions”