Gunfighter pro newbie questions.

Moderator: AdminGroup

gavros777

Gunfighter pro newbie questions.

Postby gavros777 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 21:03

Hello, new owner of the gunfighter pro here. My stick doesnt twist to 11 oclock like most people mention theirs to do.
Is it because i might have attached it wrong or too tight?

Second when i move the stick forward i can hear a noise inside the base of the gunfighter that i dont hear when i move the stick left or right.
The noise comes from the metal parts that are moving inside the base.

Does anyone else have these issues?

ariley1984

Re: Gunfighter pro newbie questions.

Postby ariley1984 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:15

I dont have any of those problems. The noise could be down to it needing to bed in so will disappear with use.
As for the grip twisting have you tightened the locking pin up as that twist is only so you can off set the grip from center to make it more comfertable on your wrist.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:14

That twist is not really a twist per se, but a way for you to rotate your grip to the left and then tighten it again for when center-mounting your stick (e.g., when having a the stick attached to a sim pit). When using the Gunfighter as a side-mounted stick, you could loosen the grip lock and rotate the grip back to center, and then tighten it again to use it with a straight wrist.

Also, the noise could be anything, e.g., a spring creaking, etc. Can you describe this in more detail? Thanks.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

marcusstratus

Postby marcusstratus » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:40

Like rrohde said, the Gladiator Pro doesn't have a Z Axis twist. If that's what your asking about, it's likely your confusion is caused by the Gladiator (non-pro) having a twist. I mention this because I was confused about this myself. The difference is the metal gimbal inside the pro vs the plastic in the non-pro.

gavros777

Postby gavros777 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:31

Thanks for the answers guys!
Now i understand how the twist works.

About the noise inside the base, see in this youtube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrmAwMtniWk

The metal rod that rotates on top of that metal part i can hear it moving when i move the stick forward especially when i try to move it all the way forward.
The sound is like a "goup" or "gloup".

Return to “General discussions”