VKB's Response to VIRPIL's Mongoost Pre-Order

Moderator: AdminGroup

Goloith

VKB's Response to VIRPIL's Mongoost Pre-Order

Postby Goloith » Mon Jun 05, 2017 22:25

Good afternoon VKB,

Say I was wondering what the production status/timeline for the VKB-MCG-Pro and Kosmosima grip as VIRPIL has just released it's right and left-handed MongoosT joysticks.

I know a lot of us really are holding out for VKB since the VKB-MCG-Pro has more options and Kosmosima is supposed to support a high-quality twist, but I think a lot of people would like an update and VKBs response on on what sets VKB apart from VIRPIL.

Thanks,
Goloith

rrohde

Re: VKB's Response to VIRPIL's Mongoost Pre-Order

Postby rrohde » Tue Jun 06, 2017 17:06

Hi there,

considering is that this is a VKB forum, we cannot make any official comparison with VKB controllers and other joysticks out there, of course. However, users have options to find out themselves by comparing the various products that are out there.

That said, the MCG (right-handed) is currently in the tooling phase, and VKB hopes to have it ready by the end of July - which is an estimate and might still slip. This includes the MCG, MCG Pro, MCG TM, and MCG MG for the older, 5-pin VKB sticks. As you can see, that's a huge development effort to get this all implemented and done.

The left-handed MCG (aka Kosmosima) will be announced towards the end of June, as it is currently in the development phase. There is no render available to show at this time.

As a side note, the components used in the MCG are all of the highest quality, from OMRON and ALPS buttons and switches (digital and analog), as well as contactless MaRS sensors for all axes, including the metal folding trigger in the Pro. The brake lever is also made from metal, which won't break when hitting the brakes hard.

This is all designed as a professional grip for a professional, modular flight control system built to last.

Hope this helps.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Return to “General discussions”