Warthog Grip with extension

Moderator: AdminGroup

Ishtaru

Warthog Grip with extension

Postby Ishtaru » Sat May 27, 2017 20:06

Sry for posting a second time but in the questions and anwers thread my post didnt appear yet and i hope a can read from people who use this combination, so i started this thread, i hope it is no problem.
Hello, i am interested in a Gunfighter Pro + Extension + Warthog adaptor and i have some questions before ordering.
I am used to a 10cm extension and it softened the force to move the Warthog quite a bit but with a 20cm extension the springs have to be very strong to keep a similar force and i really dont like sticks with weak springs like the old X52Pro and the like.
How strong can the springs be, will i be able to make it similar to my current setup?
How is the recentering with the heavy Warthog Grip on the 20cm extension?
When i twist the grip a few degrees to the left to make it more comfortable in a center mount, will it be tight enough to not accidentally twist it back and fourth?
What does it mean when i read "the stick will lean a bit to the left", i really dont like a sloppy center position like for example the TM Cougar has and also the G940 with the non FFB deadzone, its a absolutely no go for me?
My last question, is there a way to get the Pro with extension + Warthog adaptor without the KG12 Grip, it will cost 451 euros and that is quite a bit for just a stick for me, i would like to spare a few euros and buy another Grip later on for Helicopter flight because i dont like the thumb button with the 4 way hat on my Warthog for trimming?
Sry if my english skills are lacking a bit but i hope you understand me good enough, thx in advance.

TheBigDustin

Re: Warthog Grip with extension

Postby TheBigDustin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 19:13

The Gunfighter Pro comes with a 20cm extension, no need to order separately. When you order the Warthog adapter, you get a special cam that helps with the additional weight of the grip. You can add 2 springs per axis to really dial in the weight and feel, you can make it as heavy or light as you want. You can easily put 2 50lb springs per axis if you are worried about the stick returning to center. Dry clutches will help with this too. You can change the angle of the grip AND the extension separately , 11 degrees each if I'm not mistaken. That's 22 degrees of angle you can put in to make the grip sit just the way you like. The mechanism that secures the grip and extension are very nice, it won't go anywhere. As far as stick leaning left, I don't notice it on mine. I wouldn't even know if you didn't say anything to me. The center feel of the Gunfighter Pro is awesome. I have the non center cams in mine since I don't like a hard center. I fly DCS and IL2, I'm usually always hands on but when I can't be I just use auto pilot. It can take some wiggling to get the stick to sit perfectly straight up and down. I don't fly space Sims though and it can be an issue for some, but included are hard center cams If that's your thing. Finally, VKB discontinued the Gunfighter Only base, you must purchase it with a grip. It's a large pill to swallow but IMO, it's worth it. You're getting a quality piece of machinery that should last a long time.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Fri Jun 30, 2017 22:18

Great answer, @TheBigDustin! That sums it right up.

I also use the Gunfighter Pro with TMW grip, and it feels great - no issues with it in either DCS helos or DCS fixed wing aircraft. :)
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Ishtaru

Postby Ishtaru » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:08

Thanks for the answers and sry for not replying for so long. Im to late now it seems because all the Gladiators Pro are sold out. I guess i have to wait till the new Grip is availiable in the Eu store? My plan would be that i buy the Pro version without the gunfighter Grip but with the new Grip. Will this be an option and when does it com to the Eu store?

edit: I would also buy just the current pro version with the warthog adaptor but without the gunfighter grip if possible. But i dont know when there will be new ones available, should i just order one while being sold out?

Return to “General discussions”