Use possibilities of Gunfighter with SCG

Moderator: AdminGroup

marcusstratus

Use possibilities of Gunfighter with SCG

Postby marcusstratus » Fri May 19, 2017 4:11

I'm only a HOTAS user and have never done HOSAS (mostly because I only have one stick) as such, I've been on the HOTAS side of the fence until today. Today I realized that with the clutches and cams of the Gunfighter base, you should be able to make a stick act like a throttle, but with x-axis abilities. If you put a hard center cam on the X axis and then tightened up the y-axis clutch + soft spring or no spring then you would have a y-axis that acted like a throttle. It would want to stay in the middle of the X axis because of the cam. So considering that, I would definitely be interested in trying HOSAS with two gunfighters. Doing orientation on my right stick and translation on my left... Would someone who actually has a Gunfighter be able to confirm this idea?

I expect I'll have to resort to Twist for vertical strafing on the left stick, but if there were some kind of two sided trigger or two axis lever on the SCG like TOGSolid suggested on the Question for Star Citizen Pilots thread then that would make a control that is more intuitively up/down control.

VCQBR

Re: Use possibilities of Gunfighter with SCG

Postby VCQBR » Mon May 22, 2017 4:06

I had hoped to do something like that.

Should be possible. Say if you were using a gunfighter for strafe forward and back on the y axis and strafe left and right on the x axis.

When I had mine I was unable to get the stick to stay in location when release with the dry clutch tightened. Yet they could probably have been tightened more. I also imagine a heavier grip like the warthog or a future heavier VKB grip would help solve that issue.

Return to “General discussions”