Frustration & Constructive Feedback

Moderator: AdminGroup

invictus84

Frustration & Constructive Feedback

Postby invictus84 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:56

I've been a loyal customer of VKB for several years now. I originally bought the Black Mamba Mk I and eventually the Mk II and Mk III upgrade kits for it as well. I also brought the Mk I T-Rudder pedals, which my son now uses. I've been happy with all my purchases to date.

That said...

I'd love to continue being a loyal VKB customer, but my frustration with their business practices is starting to outweigh my loyalty and overall satisfaction with my original purchases. I've seen so many different changes in direction I no longer feel I can trust anything I hear announced. The KG12 stick was announced two years ago, and it still hasn't been released but now we are told the new MCG and "Space" sticks will be released....the KG12 status is in limbo. First we are told new releases will support the older style 5-pin connector, then we are told only a limited number will be released, etc. Add in the long release types, limited quantities for simple items such as the stick extension (which literally sold out the day I went to purchase it over a year ago and has not been seen since) and there you go. If you can't get a handle on a company's direction, you can't trust it or make good purchase decisions.

I have zero interest in a Gunfighter. I have zero interest in the "Space" stick. I DO have an interest in the MCG and KG12 sticks and a extension for my Mamba...but have NO interest in upgrading to yet another connector style to do so. I understand VKB is a small shop run by engineers...but you have to set a direction and stick to it. If you announce something, follow through and release it...not change direction multiple times and leave people hanging. The carrot and stick routine starts to get old after a few years.

Does this mean I'm getting rid of my stick? No, but it does mean I may start looking at alternatives for my flight simming needs.

Just some constructive feedback from an irritated customer.
ATAG_Invictus

rrohde

Re: Frustration & Constructive Feedback

Postby rrohde » Thu May 04, 2017 7:18

I appreciate your concern, invictus84 !

VKB HQ is a small shop indeed - you got that right, and it is influenced by market tendencies like all companies are. There is a growing market in the space simming community that has created somewhat of a vacuum, and VKB is of course trying to get into that market. So, priorities change - and along with them, the product lineup in the pipeline. That's why you see the 'hype' about the MCG and the SCG (Space Combat Grip) taking front row.

- The KG12 all-metal replica is still in the pipeline, but closer to coincide with the launch of the WWII style Throttle Control System (TCS) due at a later time (no ETA, I promise. ;) ).

- About the 5-pin compatibility of the MCG with the Mamba - VKB HQ decided to come up with an engineering design decision to achieve this compatibility built into a grip, rather than relying on an adapter piece. Not that bad imho. But please keep in mind - a lot of the things you're hearing from me are based on what is being decided at the time. If he engineering solution that is thought of or changed to later improves things, that will change the products accordingly.

There's a lot more good stuff in the pipeline coming from VKB, and a lot of folks are excited for it. VKB just needs time to get it done and pay the bills at the same time. Having been 'on the inside' for some time now, it completely changed my mind about VKB. It's not as simple as I thought - You announce something, stick without, produce it, sell it - doesn't always work as intended.

Again - thanks for your concern. I appreciate your post.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

invictus84

Postby invictus84 » Thu May 04, 2017 15:41

*sigh* Ok...I'll wait a while longer. I've come this far...why not? :mrgreen:

(I might also be interested in the Space grip too....if I start getting into Elite Dangerious). :oops:
ATAG_Invictus

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Fri May 05, 2017 7:56

invictus84 wrote:but have NO interest in upgrading to yet another connector style to do so.

Thank you for your post, invictus84!
You no need to buy any upgrades. We have a plan to produce a small amount of MCG with 5pins connector for Mamba's clients.

Caillin

Postby Caillin » Fri May 05, 2017 7:59

Thanks for confirming UIV.

Return to “General discussions”