Left Handed TM Warthog handle w Gunfighter base awesome combo!!

Moderator: AdminGroup

Bad_Karma_701

Left Handed TM Warthog handle w Gunfighter base awesome combo!!

Postby Bad_Karma_701 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:44

For those of us that love the VKB bases and have a right hand warthog there's a gentleman making a left hand warthog using a donor warthog sticks.

http://www.dualsticks.com/left-hand-grips/

video here @ https://youtu.be/q8YxA2tSLYE w warthog base just imagine w VKB base... :D :D

will update this when i have more info on availability and pricing.

for those of you interested in either the warthog right handle on a vkb base or having a spare to possibly turn into a left hand stick contact TM telling them you need a replacement handle list a reason lost in moving or broken.. wait for a response then send 110.00 through paypal to them.

Bad_Karma_701

Re: Left Handed TM Warthog handle w Gunfighter base awesome combo!!

Postby Bad_Karma_701 » Sun May 07, 2017 4:12

*** UPDATE*** 5/6

Hi all VKB users awesome products btw,

I am just now starting supplying theses grips, and I've added you to the queue. Prices below cover a few different options including just the shell or having me convert it which is a pretty straightforward process (the switches all use little plugs so no soldering unless you break wires) that I'm going to make a tutorial for in the near future.

It's hard for me to estimate lead time for now, I'm planning on switching to my gen 2 versions of the grips which will be easier to make and be nicer and I'll be able to produce them faster. The difference is they will be cast as a single piece like real ones along with some corrected geometry (they will still accept a Tm/VPC or VKB :D adapter of course), which is likely what I'll be using by the time I make it to people just getting in the queue.

For now my template response below covers most questions people have and provides further information for folks to make a decision which option is best for their situation. If you want to follow progress or see how these came about and have an rsi account, Krel's dual warthog thread is where updates have been going.

There's information throughout, but pg 18 onward it gets more interesting https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.c ... thread/p18) and now continuing as its own post on Spectrum: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spec ... thog-grips

Best Regards,
-Okona

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your interest in this project, as well as your patience.

I'm working towards supplying complete grips in the future, but for now these will require a right hand grip from Thrustmaster as a donor for parts to complete. The buttons/switches/hats, board, tailstock/collar/miniDIN connector, and trigger/springs are used to populate and complete the left hand grip, which is a perfect mirror of the right hand grip.

Cost:
I have settled on $100 for the shells (urethane resin, cast in color) but it's too early to determine that for aluminum down the road, of which I'm slowly tooling up for. For anyone sending me their stock grip or parts to do the conversion,

I'm charging $50, plus shipping. Grips I convert will have proper wire management and be bench tested to pass QC before being shipped back, but for those doing it themselves I will make a visual tutorial to walk you through it.

Left hand grip shell: $100
Conversion if performed by me: $50
Shipping in the US. $15.00
Total cost minus grip from TM 165.00
with grip $275.00

I don't know how much it's going to cost to ship to every country in each circumstance, however below is information you can use to estimate this assuming you're familiar with how taxes/import duties work in your region.

The DIY/kit will fit in a box 8 x 5 x 3 inches and weigh ~1 pound (20 x 12.5 x 7.5cm, .45kg), $25 is typical 1st Class USPS

If a stock TM grip is sent to me and I'm sending those parts back along with a completed left hand grip, shipping will be more. That combo of parts fit in a box 11 x 9 x 6 inches and weigh ~4 pounds (27.5 x 22.5 x 15cm, 1.8kg).

For anyone going with a full turnkey setup (interested parties may buy them to have sent to me for conversion to be forwarded upon completion), the box is 10 x 11 x 12 inches and weighs ~7.2 pounds (25 x 27.5 x 30cm, 3.3kg)

Lead Time:
There's a bit of a backlog in the queue, but once I have my process established will be able to move through it at a steady pace. I should be able to make 4 sets a day and do 2 or more conversions, so I'm confident I will be able to keep turnaround time to a week or so on grips sent to me for conversion. As I move through the queue, I'll be notifying people ahead of getting to them to give them time to get their grips to me for conversion if applicable.

Right hand plastic parts:
I have worked out how I'm going to handle these, but they will be in my next generation grips which will be cast as 1 hollowform piece similar to real grips, at which point I will be switching my left hand grips to the newer style. I will make colored right hand trim parts available so people can match their right to their left grips, however I am not comfortable selling *complete right hand grips in plastic for reasons of infringement.

Regards,
-Okona

So.. guys if you want the VKB base but Love the TM Handle here's the low down on getting a lefty version. :D :D :D

Return to “General discussions”