Who wants an MCG for their Mamba or Gladiator Pro Mk.I?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Do you want an MCG MG or MCG MG Pro for your older VKB Stick?

MCG MG (14 programmable buttons, 5 analog axes)
8%
MCG MG Pro (24 programmable buttons, 6 analog axes)
92%

Total votes: 13

rrohde

Who wants an MCG for their Mamba or Gladiator Pro Mk.I?

Postby rrohde » Mon May 01, 2017 3:21

VKB HQ asked me to reach out to you to see who is interested in an MCG or MCG Pro for their Mamba Mk.II, Mamba Mk.III, Vintage Mamba, or Gladiator Pro Mk.I sticks.
These sticks share the same gimbal with the older 5-pin connector layout, compared to the new 3-pin connector of the Gunfighter or Gladiator Pro Mk.II.

Instead of making an adapter for the MCGs to fit these older sticks, VKB HQ offeres a limited production run of MCG and MCG Pro grips that will fit directly onto these Mambas and Mk.I Gladiator Pros. The name will be ‘MCG MG’ and ‘MCG MG Pro’ respectively (with ‘MG’ pertaining to Mamba/Gladiator).

So, if you’re rocking one of these older sticks mentioned above and you want an MCG MG, I would like get a head count so I can send the numbers to VKB HQ to produce enough units.
Please vote via poll if you’re interested in either the:

- VKB MCG MG (14 programmable buttons, 5 analog axes), or the
- VKB MCG MG Pro (24 programmable buttons, 6 analog axes)

Once VKB HQ gets closer to producing these, I will update everyone with news regarding final pricing and availability of the MCG/Pro MG.

Thanks!
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Caillin

Re: Who wants an MCG for their Mamba or Gladiator Pro Mk.I?

Postby Caillin » Mon May 01, 2017 5:24

I've replied to your email Rrhode. How will this affect the upcoming twist adaptor? Please tell me I don't have to buy a whole new base to add twist to my Glad Pro MK1!

invictus84

Postby invictus84 » Mon May 01, 2017 15:23

Voted.
ATAG_Invictus

Radsoc

Postby Radsoc » Tue May 02, 2017 21:54

Definitely. It's very difficult to estimate like this, but at least it could give you a hint of the ratio to produce. Hopefully there will be a big batch for legacy sticks though. If not, a third option, "I own ---- and will never ever want ... " could provide some info too based on total production (but there'll inevitably be bias involved, i.e. not all are registered here). Having a database of customer emails (e.g. after optional registration or a customer club) could provide even better estimates.

prainx

Postby prainx » Wed May 03, 2017 9:15

Are they still doing the gimbal upgrade for gladiator pro mk1s?

Caillin

Postby Caillin » Wed May 03, 2017 9:19

Oh I missed that one?

Wowaegon

Postby Wowaegon » Wed May 03, 2017 22:06

I replied to the email with my wishes but I thought I would post here as well. I'd really rather have a way to upgrade my Gladiator Pro Mk1 to the 3-pin connector to ensure I can use future grips rather than rely on one-off production runs for the outdated 5-pin connector. I'd prefer to pay for *just* the different parts rather than a full gimbal upgrade, but even if I have to buy the new gimbal at least I know my stick would be up to date.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Wed May 03, 2017 23:43

Caillin wrote:I've replied to your email Rrhode. How will this affect the upcoming twist adaptor? Please tell me I don't have to buy a whole new base to add twist to my Glad Pro MK1!

Need to run this by VKB HQ. There's still a lot of planing going on right now in the design phase.
VKB North America

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Wed May 03, 2017 23:44

Wowaegon wrote:I replied to the email with my wishes but I thought I would post here as well. I'd really rather have a way to upgrade my Gladiator Pro Mk1 to the 3-pin connector to ensure I can use future grips rather than rely on one-off production runs for the outdated 5-pin connector. I'd prefer to pay for *just* the different parts rather than a full gimbal upgrade, but even if I have to buy the new gimbal at least I know my stick would be up to date.

Have to see how the Gladiator upgrade kit is structured. Still a little ways off to have details on hand.
VKB North America

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Wed May 03, 2017 23:45

prainx wrote:Are they still doing the gimbal upgrade for gladiator pro mk1s?

It's on the list - but I have no ETA at this time.
VKB North America

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Wed May 03, 2017 23:48

Radsoc wrote:Definitely. It's very difficult to estimate like this, but at least it could give you a hint of the ratio to produce. Hopefully there will be a big batch for legacy sticks though. If not, a third option, "I own ---- and will never ever want ... " could provide some info too based on total production (but there'll inevitably be bias involved, i.e. not all are registered here). Having a database of customer emails (e.g. after optional registration or a customer club) could provide even better estimates.

We're working on getting good estimates from multiple sources, including forum polls, customer database, other forums, our newsletter, etc. :)
VKB North America

Caillin

Postby Caillin » Thu May 04, 2017 0:31

Thanks for keeping us posted Rrohde.

Wowaegon

Postby Wowaegon » Fri May 05, 2017 21:02

rrohde wrote:
Wowaegon wrote:I replied to the email with my wishes but I thought I would post here as well. I'd really rather have a way to upgrade my Gladiator Pro Mk1 to the 3-pin connector to ensure I can use future grips rather than rely on one-off production runs for the outdated 5-pin connector. I'd prefer to pay for *just* the different parts rather than a full gimbal upgrade, but even if I have to buy the new gimbal at least I know my stick would be up to date.

Have to see how the Gladiator upgrade kit is structured. Still a little ways off to have details on hand.

Thanks. I guess the real question that I have is "Are VKB not going to follow through with this?"

"A note to first-generation Gladiator Pro owners:
All future VKB-Sim grips will be designed to fit both the first-gen Gladiator Pro and the new
Mk.II alike!"

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2498#p24987

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Fri May 05, 2017 21:10

VKB is following through with this - yes. Either by the means of an adapter or by a built-in solution. The MCG MG seems to offer the latter.
VKB North America

Wowaegon

Postby Wowaegon » Fri May 05, 2017 21:21

I don't really agree. The implication with that statement is that a single grip will fit both. I have both the gunfighter and the gladiator pro mk 1 so my expectation was that I could buy one grip and swap between the two bases. I understand things change and the pogo pin setup is a *much* better solution than the 5-pin setup for swapping grips, but I wanted the ability to mix and match based on what base suited what stick best. That's why I'd really rather have a way to convert my gladiator pro mk 1 to the 3-pin (without just buying a mk 2 that is) than one off production runs that I'm sure will end at some point.

Return to “General discussions”