I'm loving my Gladiator Mk2!

Moderator: AdminGroup

elmar01

I'm loving my Gladiator Mk2!

Postby elmar01 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 14:09

Hey All,

Just thought Id give a bit of feedback in regards to my recent Gladiator Mk2 purchase..

I have to say I absolutely loving this joystick at the moment, it is a HUGE upgrade from my previous crappy Saitek Fly 5 (kinda hated it from when I got it). Some points:

- My landings on P3D aircraft (PMDG, FSLabs Airbus A320 etc.) are MUCH smoother and more predicable due to the accuracy of the sensor.
- The twist axis actually feels as good as the main axes on the joystick - it makes taxiing on the PMDG Boeing 747v3 much easier.
- The general motion of the joystick feels fantastic, can't imagine how better it feels on the Pro model.
- The throttle also is very accurate, no problems using it as a spoiler axis on airliners and I can arm the spoilers without it jittering around like other throttles on other joysticks.
- Overall the build quality is fantastic, nice and thick plastic everywhere and high quality buttons. Very solid metal plate also adds to the quality feel of the unit.

Some small tweaks I would however like to see in future models:

- the trigger button is quite loud and kinda cheap sounding, some quieter switch would be great.
- I know its not meant to be a left-handed joystick but Id love it if there was some tweaks to be made for left handed users, its not super comfortable to use with my left hand - I know possibly some left handed grips are coming.
- Maybe include a longer USB cable so it can fit in better in some setups.

But these are very minor, overall its been a fantastic purchase for me and well done to the VKB Engineers for creating such fantastic (and sorely needed) quality flight simulation gear!

Thanks very much for reading this :)
elmar01

sturmbutcher

Re: I'm loving my Gladiator Mk2!

Postby sturmbutcher » Fri Feb 24, 2017 22:09

Mine arrived today at my office, I can't wait to test it. I opened this thing and feels amazing, very good quality, feels sturdy, not cheap and very solid. Cant wait to test it, my only complain is the trigger, it feels like you said of bad quality, but I replaced mine with a metallic one. You can buy an usb extension if you want more lengthy cable.

Return to “General discussions”