Wait, I'm confused...

Moderator: AdminGroup

RecklessPrudence

Wait, I'm confused...

Postby RecklessPrudence » Wed Feb 08, 2017 16:22

I got the newsletter, and... I'm confused. It said:
Based on feedback from the VKB forum polls, VKB HQ is now considering a left-hand only version of the Kosmosima grip with built-in, lockable twist, and a right-hand only modern jet grip, with optional adapter for twist. There's also talk about a design change for the Kosmosima grip based on that feedback.

I'm a Space Simmer, but I prefer HOTAS to HOSAS. Will I still be able to get a right-hand Kosmosim? Or is it being considered to produce the Kosmosim only as a left-hand stick, and I'll have to get a modern jet grip instead of a Kosmosim?

'Cos I really kinda wanted a Kosmosim, rather than a jet grip*...

* - assuming the Kosmosim ended up being an improvement over a jet grip for a space sim HOTAS setup, at least, which was the impression I had been getting.

rrohde

Re: Wait, I'm confused...

Postby rrohde » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:40

Well, not so fast jumping to conclusions here. :)
The notion gathered from the polls was that space simmers like to have a dual setup stick setup the most, and thus would like to have a different grip with different functionality for both hands. It's not about having a grip for left-handed people, as much as functionality for the left hand vs. the right.

The idea then was brought forward by VKB HQ that the left-hand stick can be something different than the right-hand stick, and right now VKB HQ is entertaining this thought.

That said, the Kosmosima grip might become the left-hand grip that offers functionality desired for the left hand for space sims, while the modern jet sim is the grip that has all the other functionality that can be used for either space or atmospheric flight.

At least that's the current thought process here - but still subject to change! :)
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

RecklessPrudence

Postby RecklessPrudence » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:33

Ah, okay.

:oops:

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:58

We'll find out more once the development focus shifts to the grips, after the Gunfighter production run. VKB is working down a list of priorities, and grips have gained a lot of momentum lately, so sooner before later we will know more!
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Return to “General discussions”