US/Canada Customers: Who wants VKB Grip Adapter for their TM Warthog Base?

Moderator: AdminGroup

US/CAN: DO YOU WANT A VKB GRIP ADAPTER FOR YOU TM WARTHOG BASE?

Yes, I want a VKB Grip Adapter for my TM Warthog Base!
50%
No, I don't need such an Adapter!
50%

Total votes: 18

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Sun Feb 05, 2017 20:15

Since VKB HQ told me that there will be adapters made for the upcoming VKB-Sim Grips (including, Kosmosima, modern jet, and maybe other grips down the line) to be mounted onto the TM Warthog base via a said Adapter, I thought to reach out to North American customers to get a feel about how many of you might be interested in getting one.

These numbers might allow VKB HQ to produce enough unites to satisfy the market for such adapter. That said, at this time I don't have an ETA or pricing info yet.
So, go ahead and vote to let us know. Also, if you know anyone on other forums that usually don't visit here - but are interested in an VKB Grip adapter for their TM Warthog Bases, please let them know as well.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Echo1432

Re: US/Canada Customers: Who wants VKB Grip Adapter for their TM Warthog Base?

Postby Echo1432 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:06

Sounds silly.

Goloith

Postby Goloith » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:34

So I talked to a lot of my fellow Renegade Squadron buddies and a bunch of them want the adapter for the Warthog Base so they can attach the Kosmosima grip to it. That being said, that's under the impression that the VKB Gunfighter base is more accurate than the Warthogs.

Again, the question I think on a lot of Star Citizen backers are wondering about is how good the VKB Gunfighter base will be as a main joystick in terms of precision. If it the Gunfighter is truly more precise than a Warthog people will want that as the main joystick. The dilemma, however, is that most people will certainly want to use the Warthog grip on the Gunfighter. The next problem those people have is a $200 Warthog base collecting dust without a prayer of selling it for a reasonable price without the grip. That's where having this adapter is so important! It will allow dual stick users to attach the Kosmosima to the Warthog base!
Last edited by Goloith on Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:38, edited 1 time in total.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:36

Well said! :)
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Goloith

Postby Goloith » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:37

Echo1432 wrote:Sounds silly.

Not at all for a dual stick user for Space Sim games. If the VKB gunfighter base is more accurate pilots will want to use that with Warthog grip. That essentially leaves the person with a Warthog base with nothing to attached to it. If VKB builds an adapter that finally we can add the Kosmosima grip to the Warthog base so we have to two high-end joysticks.

StarLordRick

Postby StarLordRick » Mon May 15, 2017 3:22

HAvent been checking here for about a year almost and damn you guys are working on some new amazing things! this Kosmosima grip sounds cool and i need to read more up on it but myself i have a an older cougar base and throttle just sitting here doing nothing since my grip is on my black mamba. would be cool to get another grip for it but also interested in the TCS design.

Drathanos

Postby Drathanos » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:03

Late to the party here, but I would definitely like an adapter to use with the Warthog base. I just ordered the Gunfighter base and am waiting on the MCG Pro to become available to replace my Warthog on the right hand side. That leaves a spare base to use on my left which I would like to use with the Kosmosima grip (or at least I think so. Don't really have much to go on with regards to what features that grip will have in terms of # of buttons, # of hats, and such, but I'll be happy if it's at least equal to the MCG) until I get fed up with the Warthog base and spring for another Gunfighter base and be able to use the extra features the WH base doesn't support.

My only other option right now is to go with the VirPil Mongoose T-50 LH grip which is the only left hand grip currently out and with default compatibility with the Warthog base.

ghatchue@gmail.com

Postby ghatchue@gmail.com » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:21

This adapter would be great for the Brunner CLS-E force Feedback Joystick base. Monstertech just announced a mounting place for this on their YouTube channel. It would be great to use the MCG Pro with the this force feedback base.

rauchenderkolben

Postby rauchenderkolben » Tue Oct 30, 2018 13:57

definetly when the magnetic force feedback base from Iris Dynamics comes out someday.
Acually I have seen/read, that the tech is ready, they are just waiting for companies to licens it and build some products (as far as I am aware).

Dolesonrobert

Postby Dolesonrobert » Sat Aug 19, 2023 23:10

This would be amazing for using VKB grips with the VPForce force feedback base. Please still consider this!

Return to “General discussions”