Questions and Answers

Moderator: AdminGroup

rrohde

Re: Questions and Answers

Postby rrohde » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:21

Roger that. Thanks for the clarification. :)
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

flashben

Postby flashben » Wed Sep 27, 2017 0:35

Hi, I just noticed on the US shop that theres a new connector on the gunfighter Rev.B

Can you give me a bit more information about this?

DHRF

Postby DHRF » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:03

flashben wrote:Hi, I just noticed on the US shop that theres a new connector on the gunfighter Rev.B

I just came here for the same.

I can assume that is not a MKII so if: MCG Rev.B – Compatible with Gunfighter Rev.B only!
if mcg b are for GF b it must be a mcg related change............

ahhhhh

I want the twist adaptor details or we will make or own :mrgreen:

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:32

flashben wrote:Hi, I just noticed on the US shop that theres a new connector on the gunfighter Rev.B

First, there is NO "NEW MODEL" - A and B versions are identical, technically and functionally, with a single difference: the contact group has been switched, what was on the top went to the bottom, and vice versa. We did it mainly to streamline the assembling process.
So,
IF you already have a GF, your choice should be MCG A;
IF you are going to get a GF, you should stay with MCG B.
IF you are going to buy an MCG set, then you don't have to bother about this A or B thing altogether.

Once again, the only difference between A and B is the juxtaposition of the parts of the contact group.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Hadarmil

Postby Hadarmil » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:57

So I'm guessing a tiny PCB coin adapter will be available in the future?

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:21

We made a lot of PCB.

Hadarmil

Postby Hadarmil » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:07

So you already have adapters?

xAmadeus

Postby xAmadeus » Wed Sep 27, 2017 19:26

I currently have a Gladiator Mk.II Pro and am looking at getting a MCG when it comes out, and I might be interested in getting a Gunfighter later down the line, I'm assuming that the Gladiator Mk.II Pro is compatible with the rev A of the MCG, would it be possible for you to make a rev A and rev B adapter? If I do get an MCG now and a gunfighter later, I'd obviously like to be able to put my MCG on it. Thanks.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:57

xAmadeus wrote:Gladiator Mk.II Pro/MCG/Gunfighter ...... Gladiator Mk.II Pro is compatible with the rev A of the MCG ....... rev A and rev B adapter?

Good Qs.
Answers in brief:
1 - IF you're going to buy MCG and GF within like 6-12 months year from now, then stick with A.
2 - IF you're going to buy MCG pretty soon, and GF in some merely theoretical future, then buy an MCG kit (grip with base).
3 - We have designed the A/B adapter but most probably it will never be marketed.
Answers explained:
1 - Although we guarantee lifetime support for GFs version A, and will produce new goods in both A and B versions, we will stop selling "A" GFs soon. Only "B" GFs will be sold.
We will of course keep some emergency stock of "A" GFs - strictly not for general sale but for replacement and issues similar to yours.
Hence, you will only be able to purchase the "A" GF as long as the stock lasts.
Only "B" GFs will be sold.
2 - If you buy an MCG kit, you will have a "B" base as part of the kit. To which you will be able to buy any VKB product within foreseeable future. I say foreseeable future because nothing is forever, and we might design a totally different contact solution some 5 or 10 years later - but for now "B" is and will remain. Talking about your Gladiator II Pro (whatever I say below is my personal opinion that I share rather than impose), I would say it'd be wise to keep it on its own base - yes sure you can switch grips, but to me having 2 bases for 3 grips looks much more attractive an option than having 1 for 3.
3 - Adapter is not made of foil. It is a puck about 25 mm thick. It will lift your grip by 25 mm, and you can hardly realize how much it will change your feeling of control.
So we are currently leaning to the idea of not marketing adapters 'as is', but making them integrated into an extension stick.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

xAmadeus

Postby xAmadeus » Thu Sep 28, 2017 21:03

AeroGator wrote:
xAmadeus wrote:Gladiator Mk.II Pro/MCG/Gunfighter ...... Gladiator Mk.II Pro is compatible with the rev A of the MCG ....... rev A and rev B adapter?

I see, thank you for your very detailed answers and advice.

Hadarmil

Postby Hadarmil » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:12

The thumb rest hat on the MCG pro is stated as replaceable to a button - is the opposite true for the non pro?

Also, does the pro come with the replacement switch or is it sold separately?

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:40

Hadarmil wrote:The thumb rest hat on the MCG pro is stated as replaceable to a button - is the opposite true for the non pro?
Also, does the pro come with the replacement switch or is it sold separately?

a - Regular version is different from Pro, and vice versa. It is made on purpose, and is not made to be easily switched by the user.
Theoretically, you always can buy replacement switch/hat/button plus the PCB, and do the rest by yourself.
In practice you will give a lot of business to international mail carriers, and very little - to us. Give me one reason why we should help it.
b - What exactly you mean by replacement switch?
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Hadarmil

Postby Hadarmil » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:59

"User-swappable thumb button on grip (either simple push button, or 4-way switch with push)"

Says so in the MCG Pro product description...that's what I was asking about. Still relevant? If not better change it in the product description.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:48

Hadarmil wrote:"User-swappable thumb button

The possibility of user-swapping remains alright.
The button will be optional for a little extra price; user can buy it together with the grip.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

PangolinWranglin

Postby PangolinWranglin » Tue Oct 31, 2017 17:58

Out of curiosity, is there any throttle still in development? The WIP Throttle page was taken off the store and there hasn't been any update in while (that I've seen). Oh, and does the non pro Gladiator MkII have a twist lock? I can't find anything say it does or doesn't.
Thanks.

Return to “General discussions”