UIV wrote:
RedVonHammer wrote:Is there a way to add shipping outside the listed countries
Send an email to sales_en@vkb-sim.pro

Much appreciated! :)

Auditor

Re: Questions and Answers

Postby Auditor » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:40

Hello again,

Are there plans to open another preordering period for the MCG Pro Rev B or gunfighter bases considering how popular it seems to be? North American stock was delayed by a month yesterday. Which is fine, I understand that it's the Chinese New Year. It just seems to me that this product is going to be extremely popular for even semi-serious simmers, and the stick itself isn't available for preorder (this seems like an oversight considering that the base and grip are available for preorder, but please correct me). Would VKB be willing to consider a second preordering period for those who missed the first one and would be willing to enter a queue for it? My biggest concern is that it's actually a few months backlogged, and that by the time it goes live on the site; I would have forgotten about it.

I'm going to also go back to my previous question on the differences between buying the grip and base separate and the complete package listed here. I heard there were firmware differences from AeroGator. If it's nothing major, then I'll just preorder the two parts separate instead of waiting to buy the complete product when ordering opens.

Thanks

Ecoline Crush

Postby Ecoline Crush » Sun Jan 28, 2018 16:37

Hi, I had the same exact question as the user above me.

1. Why is it that we cannot pre-order the bundle (base & grip combo), but can do so separately?
2. Is there any actual difference? (Firmware was mentioned before apparently - is that true and does it matter or can we just update the firmware later?)

3. What is the actual stock looking like? Since everything has been delayed by about a month, does this mean if I pre-order now, I will actually have the items shipped around a month later? Or is there a huge backlog that means that we wont be actually getting anything for a few months? I did see a post about getting a huge order to have enough stock for the next few months. Is that post true? If I order now, will I be able to receive the items in a reasonable time frame? (i.e 5/6 weeks from now?)

4. Please let us know, as I would like to pre-order 2 Gunfighters, a MCG-Pro grip and a KG12 grip as I just got the funds ready. (About $750 USD)

Thanks a bunch for your time and hard work! Really appreciate it!

Dambala

Postby Dambala » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:25

Question about the correct and NEWEST firmware for the Gunfighter rev. b and the MCG rev. b and a official download link.
http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Firmware/BlackBox/ is the latest 1.92.1
in another thread http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2959&start= suggest Alex Oz to use 1.92.9 on page 2

JohnMitchell

Postby JohnMitchell » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:48

Alex_Oz is the person who makes these firmware. On the ftp is tested, stable firmware. Firmware that gives Alex_Oz on forum is generally betas in wich he repair some bugs and add new features, you can use them or not, your choice.

Ceowulf

Postby Ceowulf » Mon Jan 29, 2018 17:51

Hi Guys,
Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm looking to replace a MSFFB2 with a Gunfighter w/MCG pro. (For Rise of Flight and Il2-BoS - the most fun games ever.)

I have exactly the same questions as Ecoline Crush and Auditor above so I won't restate them. Just hoping to give them more weight.

Thanks a lot!

Ceowulf<><

Ecoline Crush

Postby Ecoline Crush » Tue Feb 06, 2018 22:48

Hi, just a bump to this thread. A few of us asked the same questions!

I understand you guys might be bogged down with order questions, so don't want to push it, but if you could tell us what the status is, that would be of great help.

Thanks!

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:48

Ecoline Crush wrote:Thanks a bunch for your time and hard work! Really appreciate it!

And thank you!

1 - This is the result of a misunderstanding; in fact both combos and separate options should have been suspended for now.
2 - Of course you can update the FW, it was just meant for th comfort of the first-time buyers. But anyway, it is always better you buy a set whenever the set is available.
3 - Now everything is at a halt for Chinese New Year (this should be read as "for the entire month of February"). After the holiday is over, the MCG NON-PRO will be available right away, and the PRO - another month later (end of March). VKB USA will send you notifications about the status of your orders. Yes we had made a huge stock which all went to cover the first wave of orders. Some non-pro sticks, as said above, are still available, however the pros we need to make a new batch (which we are going to do right after holiday but give it a month to be complete). 5-6 weeks, forget it: Chinese New Year is a plague that kills all business activity for a month. Every year. A planned force majeure.
4 - If you are planning to use the KG12 for left hand, you might want to hang on a bit and get a left-hand version of MCG instead. We are going to start selling it some time before summer.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Auditor

Postby Auditor » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:37

Perfectly understandable, thank you.

Ecoline Crush

Postby Ecoline Crush » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:20

So basically what we are looking to order is going to be available March 25th-ish and not February 25th-ish as shown on the different product pages.
That should be updated as to be more transparent.

Thanks for informing us of the timing. Now we know we have to wait 2 months before we can order and then another few weeks to have it shipped to us. So three months from now.
Important information for prospective buyers!

Also, I do want to use the second gunfighter for my left-hand, but I don't think I can wait longer than 3 months, so I'll just get the new left-handed grip when it comes out, but will still order the combo I stated above.

Really wished you guys had stock almost all the time as this is a huge turn off for new customers. Since there is demand for your products, why not just make larger batches? Anyhow, I think your design style has won me slightly over VirPil's offerings. But they do almost always have in stock and ship effectively too. Hope you guys are figuring that out on your business end.

Because, your products are beloved by the community. And we all want to taste the fruits of your labor. Thanks!

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:14

Ecoline Crush wrote:Thanks for informing us of the timing

Thanks for the kind words.
In fact we had shipped the container out... but it got jammed at Chinese customs due to pre-CNY Apocalypse in all Chinese ports.
So it's as good as unshipped anyway. I don't believe it will be released any time before mid-March.
Stocks: yes, as promised, we will get done with out of stock status, as we're taking measures to set up warehouses in our major markets. This is our target for the Year of the Dog that technically speaking has not even begun yet. We're on the way to it.
Europe gets the goods last, but please blame Eurobureaucracy. As anyone can easily understand, for business there is no step-market (like step-children); we do want to cover every continent, and to do it well. However some obstacles are out of our control, oops.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

aniron

Postby aniron » Tue Feb 13, 2018 16:02

So the container bound for North America is stuck in Chinese customs, will probably be released in mid march, arrive in US end march and begin shipping sticks to customers?
What about the container bound for Europe? Same problem or is it stuck in EU customs? Any projected timeline as to when the MCG will be available for order by European customers?

Edit: Nevermind, the EU website finally got a status update. :-)

Mr Dinsdale

Postby Mr Dinsdale » Wed Feb 28, 2018 15:10

Hey,

Just had a search but couldn't find anything. I know there isn't much info available yet but has anything been said about the left hand stick supporting 5 pin (specifically fat mamba)?

Basically I currently have little use of all the switches on the fat mamba base but would be far more useful for my left hand. If the left hand stick will be supported I'd probably opt for getting the MCG Pro and base then use the fbm base for my left hand.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:17

aniron wrote:the container bound for North America is stuck in Chinese customs, will probably be released in mid march, arrive in US end march and begin shipping sticks to customers?

ooooops.
I was writing about EU, not NA... mea culpa.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

snuffles

Postby snuffles » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:35

Are there any plans for high-fidelity helicopter controls, eg. KA-50 grip & Collective base?

Return to “General discussions”