US/Canada Customers: Who wants a VKB Gunfighter?

Moderator: AdminGroup

US/CAN: DO YOU WANT A VKB GUNFIGHTER?

Yes, the VKB Gunfighter (tabletop version)
41%
Yes, the VKB Gunfighter Pro (with extension)
42%
Yes, the VKB Gunfighter Base Only
17%
Undecided, as I am still happy with my current stick, but might consider a VKB Gunfighter later
No votes
No, I am not interested in the VKB Gunfighter
No votes

Total votes: 64

KallenStadtfeld_SC

Re: US/Canada Customers: Who wants a VKB Gunfighter?

Postby KallenStadtfeld_SC » Tue Dec 20, 2016 18:21

Signed up just to vote on this. I'm wanting to purchase dual sticks. I don't need the extensions, so if that's the only difference between the two, I'll choose the table top version. But if the Pro is functionally better, I'll be going with the Pro's.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Tue Dec 20, 2016 23:26

From what I know at this time, they should be both the same internally, with the Pro coming with an extension and a smaller base plate for in-cockpit mounting purposes. If anything changes regarding this, I'll let you know.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

invictus84

Postby invictus84 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:25

Id be interested in the Pro version as long as the handle interface is the same as my Mamba (so I can switch stick handles).
ATAG_Invictus

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:09

VKB has developed a different interface, however, there will be a future VKB adapter to connect the Mamba/Cobra grip to the Gunfighter! :)
VKB North America

siacn

Postby siacn » Wed Dec 21, 2016 20:24

rrohde wrote:Hi guys,

in this poll I try to gauge the demand from North American customers who are interested in getting a VKB Gunfighter, due out in the first half of 2017 (since I do not know the exact release dates, I won't go speculating here; however, I will edit this thread as soon as I know more). This allows VKB to get a feel as to how many units to produce for the US and Canada in the first run.

Options seem to include the 'Gunfighter - tabletop version', and the 'Gunfighter Pro - with Extension'. The Gunfighter comes with the VKB Blackbox, a USB switch/hub that allows connections from other VKB devices, such as rudder pedals and future throttles. Initially, either version will ship with the WWII-style grip that was also part of the Gladiator series, but the Gunfighter's modular design allows the grip to be swapped out with other, future VKB grips or the TM Warthog grip (via adapter).

I'd like the option of both desktop and extension. My current desk mounts are positioned for "desktop sized" sticks but eventually I'll change to a simpit of some sort where an extension is better.

I'd love to pre-order one, or be added to the list, or however that works.

Also, I'm in Tulsa, OK. Curious, where are you at? I see your user info says Oklahoma.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Wed Dec 21, 2016 23:54

Hi siacn,

I am in Norman, OK. :)

BTW - the Gunfighter (tabletop) can be modified later with an extension, just like it was the case with the VKB Mamba. So you always have that option if you so desire.

If you want to be put on that reserved list for a Gunfighter, email (see signature) with your shipping info and I will set you up in my database. :)
VKB North America

bjsracer

Postby bjsracer » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:55

Another vote from down under.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:18

Just a quick update; so far, you guys reserved 18x Gunfighter Pro (w/ extension), and 22x Gunfighter (tabletop) variants with VKB North America.

The poll shows 31x of you want a Gunfighter Pro (w/ extension) and 15x of you want Gunfighter (tabletop) variants; those who voted for a Gunfighter Pro but haven't reserved one yet, feel free to email me (see signature below) so we can get a meaningful list out to VKB in a timely manner! The goes for the Gunfighter (tabletop) as well. :)

My plan is to share that reserved list with VKB HQ by the end of the month (December 2016) so that VKB can consider these in their overall quantity for production.

Thanks. :)
VKB North America

Fridge

Postby Fridge » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:38

I voted earlier for the tabletop version but didn't post. I would be down for a pre-order (New Brunswick, Canada here)

PatMan33

Postby PatMan33 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 21:46

I figure I'll go with the extension model of which ever stick I end up getting. That way I'll have the feature if I ever need to use it.

After reading this post I think I understand. The Gunfighter will be the replacement for the Mamba line, with the pro offering the best that VKB has to offer at that time. The little connection box thingy is neat. I like it. But I got the MFG Crosswinds and of course the version I got is the first one to go with USB. :U

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Sat Dec 24, 2016 21:55

Thank guys; keep them votes coming! :)
VKB North America

kehai

Postby kehai » Tue Dec 27, 2016 0:54

I voted, am from the US, and would like to reserve a VKB Gunfighter Pro (with extension) also :)

Goloith

Postby Goloith » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:26

Hello VKB,

So I was incredibly excited on picking this joystick up, I actually picked up a VKB Gladiator (not the pro) while I waited.

Unfortunately, my experience with the Gladiator (not the pro) was so poor that it's making me question even buying the Gunfighter. For a $90+ joystick it has more physical slop in the joystick than a $19.99 Logitech 3D Pro. Not only that, but the there's 4 points in the rotation of this joystick that has uneven resistance (gimbals?).

As someone who has owned a Saitek X-55 Rhinos, Logitech 3D Pro, and a Thrustmaster T16000 I'm deeply concerned the Gunfighter joystick will not have the precision that cheaper joystick have due to the gimbal design. Right now I'm contemplating between the Warthog and the VKB, but maybe if a VKB representative could provide some information on the Gunfighters improved gimbal I may be swayed.

In case you're wondering why my standards may be quite high, I'm one of the top 10 pilots in Star Citizen, with the world record in Squadron Battle. I did this with the Saitek X-55, but I've broken 9 joystick since they're so poorly made. Right now I've drop to the top 10 due to the VKB Gladiator (non-profit). Every other joystick pilots in the top 10 are using the Thrustmaster Warthog since it's buttery smooth and consistent throughout the entire rotation, but I'm really hoping this Gunfighter as well.

Anyways some more information would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Goloith

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:07

kehai wrote:I voted, am from the US, and would like to reserve a VKB Gunfighter Pro (with extension) also :)

Contact me (email in signature) if you want to be put on the reserved list for the Gunfighter Pro. Thanks! :)
VKB North America

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:10

Goloith wrote:Hello VKB,

So I was incredibly excited on picking this joystick up, I actually picked up a VKB Gladiator (not the pro) while I waited.

Unfortunately, my experience with the Gladiator (not the pro) was so poor that it's making me question even buying the Gunfighter. For a $90+ joystick it has more physical slop in the joystick than a $19.99 Logitech 3D Pro. Not only that, but the there's 4 points in the rotation of this joystick that has uneven resistance (gimbals?).

As someone who has owned a Saitek X-55 Rhinos, Logitech 3D Pro, and a Thrustmaster T16000 I'm deeply concerned the Gunfighter joystick will not have the precision that cheaper joystick have due to the gimbal design. Right now I'm contemplating between the Warthog and the VKB, but maybe if a VKB representative could provide some information on the Gunfighters improved gimbal I may be swayed.

In case you're wondering why my standards may be quite high, I'm one of the top 10 pilots in Star Citizen, with the world record in Squadron Battle. I did this with the Saitek X-55, but I've broken 9 joystick since they're so poorly made. Right now I've drop to the top 10 due to the VKB Gladiator (non-profit). Every other joystick pilots in the top 10 are using the Thrustmaster Warthog since it's buttery smooth and consistent throughout the entire rotation, but I'm really hoping this Gunfighter as well.

Anyways some more information would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Goloith

Hi Goloith,

I replied in an email to you! :)
Let me know if there's anything else you need. Thanks.

PS: The Gunfighter's gimbal will be a lot better than that of the current TM Warthog; here's a sneak-peek of the soon-to-be revealed gimbal:

Gunfighter Base.jpg

It's based on this gimbal - but much improved for the Gunfighter:

Screenshot from 2016-12-26 18-05-22.png
VKB North America

Return to “General discussions”