US/Canada Customers: Who wants a VKB Gunfighter?

Moderator: AdminGroup

US/CAN: DO YOU WANT A VKB GUNFIGHTER?

Yes, the VKB Gunfighter (tabletop version)
41%
Yes, the VKB Gunfighter Pro (with extension)
42%
Yes, the VKB Gunfighter Base Only
17%
Undecided, as I am still happy with my current stick, but might consider a VKB Gunfighter later
No votes
No, I am not interested in the VKB Gunfighter
No votes

Total votes: 64

Echo1432

Re: US/Canada Customers: Who wants a VKB Gunfighter?

Postby Echo1432 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 0:07

anxiously awaiting preorder.

This might of been answered elsewhere but will we be able to order a warthog adapter day one? I only ask ask I have been thinking using it in right hand until VKB offers their new grips.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Thu Feb 16, 2017 0:10

Echo1432 wrote:anxiously awaiting preorder.

This might of been answered elsewhere but will we be able to order a warthog adapter day one? I only ask ask I have been thinking using it in right hand until VKB offers their new grips.

Last thing I was told was that TM Warthog adapters should be available when Gunfighters are open for ordering. :)
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Skoop

Postby Skoop » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:23

Late to the party but I voted for Gunfighter Pro.

TOGSolid

Postby TOGSolid » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:10

Even more late to the party but I will be ordering a Gunfighter Base when the Modern Combat Grip preorders go live!

EDIT: My willpower broke and I pre-ordered a VKB Gunfighter :lol:

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Tue Mar 28, 2017 14:56

The MCG should be available for ordering sometime in May, with shipping commencing in late May/early June. :)
VKB North America

TOGSolid

Postby TOGSolid » Tue Mar 28, 2017 20:35

rrohde wrote:The MCG should be available for ordering sometime in May, with shipping commencing in late May/early June. :)

I'm glad I threw in on the Gunfighter now then. I can get some stick time with it for a couple months before the MCG becomes available.

Now to sit and stare at my email in anticipation of the Gunfighters shipping out any day now, haha.

Haze

Postby Haze » Tue Mar 28, 2017 23:33

Have ordered two gunfighters and cant wait to get my hands on them!

Do you know if the mounting screws for the gunfighter is the same as the black mamba? I am asking because I have warthog mounting plates that are also designed to fit the black mamba, I am wondering if I can re-use them on my sim rig. If the mounting screw layout is different is it possible to find out what the new mounting measurements are for the gunfighter?

I have been reviewing a number of the Russian threads that I can find about the ECP, and there is talk about the Base gunfighter being able to be mounted into the ECP or if it's not a modular system and can only be purchased as a Gunfighter ECP. Can you clarify how the ECP works with regards to the base gunfighter, if you can upgrade a base gunfighter. This information is a bit blurred when I translate it and I am not sure if they are confirming or denying as to whether the ECP system is modular or upgrade-able from the Base gunfighter or not.

Thank you! :D

hon0

Postby hon0 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 22:29

Haze wrote:Have ordered two gunfighters and cant wait to get my hands on them!

Do you know if the mounting screws for the gunfighter is the same as the black mamba? I am asking because I have warthog mounting plates that are also designed to fit the black mamba, I am wondering if I can re-use them on my sim rig. If the mounting screw layout is different is it possible to find out what the new mounting measurements are for the gunfighter?

I have been reviewing a number of the Russian threads that I can find about the ECP, and there is talk about the Base gunfighter being able to be mounted into the ECP or if it's not a modular system and can only be purchased as a Gunfighter ECP. Can you clarify how the ECP works with regards to the base gunfighter, if you can upgrade a base gunfighter. This information is a bit blurred when I translate it and I am not sure if they are confirming or denying as to whether the ECP system is modular or upgrade-able from the Base gunfighter or not.

Thank you! :D

TableTop
http://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=gunf ... asurements
Pro
http://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=gunf ... asurements
VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

Haze

Postby Haze » Thu Mar 30, 2017 22:46

Thank you, however I am looking for the mounting screws once the base plates are removed. In order to use the gunfighter on my sim rig those stock base mounting plates have to be removed.

RecklessPrudence

Postby RecklessPrudence » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:58

Would it be possible to delay the shipping of my Gunfighter base until the MCG and twist adaptor can be shipped with it? And if so, would that let me save on shipping for the latter two? The only stick I have whose grip might fit the Gunfighter base is my Cobra M5, so I'd kinda prefer to wait until it can all be shipped as a single parcel...

Bad_Karma_701

Postby Bad_Karma_701 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 16:37

So those who want the ultimate combo :roll: can contact thrustmaster and they'll send you a warthog handle for $110 USD. for those of us that can't wait for the MCG. :)

marcusstratus

Postby marcusstratus » Mon May 01, 2017 4:43

Even though voting is closed, I'll give you my decision just so you have more consumer insight.

I've recently been having issues with my X55 HOTAS after a couple years of playing Elite: Dangerous. After reading about it, I'm learning that Saitek and this HOTAS specifically are of a mediocre build quality... I'm actually surprised it's taken this long for me to have issues, considering other peoples experience. I've decided not to fix the internal wiring of the throttle (because something else is likely to malfunction later, and my stick socket is broken on the back end) but instead replace with something of a better quality. I would have immediately purchased a TM Warthog except it doesn't have Z twist and Pedals aren't doable for me right now because of my computer setup. Also, I've read reviews of people complaining the Warthog doesn't have a metal gimbal, so I kept looking. After more research, I found a Youtube video reviewing a vague Russian brand of sim controls that appears to be pretty hardcore when it comes to quality. One thing leads to another and here I am now.

I'm going to get the Gunfighter base only and apply the MCG or Kosmosima grip when they come out, depending which will work best for my right hand stick setup. I'm also very interested in the ECP for the Gunfighter and the TCS.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Mon May 01, 2017 4:57

marcusstratus wrote:I'm going to get the Gunfighter base only and apply the MCG or Kosmosima grip when they come out, depending which will work best for my right hand stick setup. I'm also very interested in the ECP for the Gunfighter and the TCS.

Just keep in mind that the 'Space Combat Grip SCG' (or 'Kosmosima') will be a left-handed design, while the 'Modern Combat Grip MCG' will be a right-handed design. :) Food for thought.
VKB North America

marcusstratus

Postby marcusstratus » Tue May 02, 2017 0:12

rrohde wrote:
marcusstratus wrote:I'm going to get the Gunfighter base only and apply the MCG or Kosmosima grip when they come out, depending which will work best for my right hand stick setup. I'm also very interested in the ECP for the Gunfighter and the TCS.

Just keep in mind that the 'Space Combat Grip SCG' (or 'Kosmosima') will be a left-handed design, while the 'Modern Combat Grip MCG' will be a right-handed design. :) Food for thought.

Ah! If the Kosmosima is going to be left hand only, then that answers that! I was under the impression VKB HQ is still trying to decide if they wanted to do in ambidextrously.

Is that a definite decision rrohde or still subject to change at this point?

*EDIT* Just looked at the product page for Kosmosima again and it just says Left Handed Grip, so I guess that answers that.

Echo1432

Postby Echo1432 » Wed May 10, 2017 22:50

@rrohde

With each release of the new grips will there be additional production runs of gunfighter bases? I only bought one gunfighter but know in the future I will need another base to go with the space grip.

So far I enjoy my gunfighter and the quality is amazing the only thing I don't care for is the cheapish plastic feel of the k12 grip, metal would feel fantastic. That said will the MCG/Spacesim be made from a metal alloy or will it also be plastic?

Return to “General discussions”