US/Canada Customers: Who wants a VKB Gunfighter?

Moderator: AdminGroup

US/CAN: DO YOU WANT A VKB GUNFIGHTER?

Yes, the VKB Gunfighter (tabletop version)
41%
Yes, the VKB Gunfighter Pro (with extension)
42%
Yes, the VKB Gunfighter Base Only
17%
Undecided, as I am still happy with my current stick, but might consider a VKB Gunfighter later
No votes
No, I am not interested in the VKB Gunfighter
No votes

Total votes: 64

Goloith

Re: US/Canada Customers: Who wants a VKB Gunfighter?

Postby Goloith » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:42

Put me down for a table top Gunfighter! I take it has the exact same gimbal as the pro, but no extension right?

Essentially I want a Gunfighter Pro Table Top.

Thanks for the response too!

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:40

Goloith wrote:Put me down for a table top Gunfighter! I take it has the exact same gimbal as the pro, but no extension right?

Essentially I want a Gunfighter Pro Table Top.

Thanks for the response too!

From what I understand - yes, it's the same gimbal on the tabletop version, minus the extension as you suggested.

We're going to announce the Gunfighter series officially in the coming days, and all details and specs shall be revealed then. :)
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

RobC

Postby RobC » Tue Dec 27, 2016 21:45

I would assume that with all the recent - positive news with the Il-2 community CLOD and BOS - you will certainly see an increased interest in VKB products. Bigtime.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Tue Dec 27, 2016 22:18

RobC wrote:I would assume that with all the recent - positive news with the Il-2 community CLOD and BOS - you will certainly see an increased interest in VKB products. Bigtime.

Agreed! That's already happening.
VKB North America

Goloith

Postby Goloith » Wed Dec 28, 2016 19:26

I think of VKB made a Space Sim grip with multiple hats, with a heavy duty/durable twist built into the grip it would sell thousands of them in North America. I'm not talking about a Space Grip for the cheap version like that of the Gladiator (non-pro). It would be important that it works with the Gunfighter Tabletop and Gunfighter Pro.

Currently there isn't a single heavy duty metal/ durable joystick on the market with twist and with the Star Citizen joystick (custom made by Saitek) being cut due to Logitech's acquisition of Saitek there's a massive void and opportunity for such a product.

UpstairsChris

Postby UpstairsChris » Wed Dec 28, 2016 20:18

Goloith wrote:I think of VKB made a Space Sim grip with multiple hats, with a heavy duty/durable twist built into the grip it would sell thousands of them in North America. I'm not talking about a Space Grip for the cheap version like that of the Gladiator (non-pro).

Currently there isn't a single heavy duty metal/ durable joystick on the market with twist and with the Star Citizen joystick (custom made by Saitek) being cut due to Logitech's acquisition of Saitek there's a massive void and opportunity for such a product.

This. Exactly.

I hope you guys are paying attention. With all the hype around Star Citizen and the loads of people play Elite Dangerous, lots of people are into space sims recently. Saitek equipment is garbage and the word is still out is their recent acquisition by logitech is going to fix them. Everything else, CH, Thurstmaster, etc, all have at least one significant caveat. So if you are looking for a high quality, no faults, space sim stick, there isn't one. People who are heavily invested in Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous are willing to spend the money if available. I think more people play Elite Dangerous on expensive VR headsets than any other VR game. If VKB can produce a nice space sim grip, with plenty of buttons, and an accompanying high quality throttle, all made of metal with a premium feel, you'll have throngs of Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous players who will purchase it.

If you build it, they will come.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Wed Dec 28, 2016 20:44

@Goloith and UpstairsChris: Points well made! Let's see what VKB HQ has cooking. I will poke around and see what they have to say. :)
VKB North America

Goloith

Postby Goloith » Wed Dec 28, 2016 20:55

I've spent over $1500 so far on Star Citizen myself. The average per player spent is around $150, that's over 2x the average amount on person spends on a video game.

This game has almost a scary cult like following, so now is the time to cash in if your a manufacturer. This game is one of the sole reason Logitech purchased Saitek, in hopes of retaining the contract to build an exclusive space sim joystick. That being said, the acquisition has delayed the Star Citizen joystick so there's time to develop something amazing.

Kairo

Postby Kairo » Wed Dec 28, 2016 22:28

I've been playing a lot of Star Citizen as well and recently picked up a used Gladiator (non-pro) to kick around with. Fell in love with it immediately, and that's got me determined to pick up a gunfighter or gladiator pro. From the concept pics I can see that the gunfighter won't feature the buttons like on the gladiator's base (I haven't used them too much aside from the occasional eject button as I have x-55 throttle set up for hotas), but will the new gimbals be only in the gunfighter and not the new run of gladiator pros?
I know info from VKB is limited and that you hope to release more info soon, but i think that will be the determining point for if I reserve the gunfighter or not.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:01

Kairo wrote:[...]but will the new gimbals be only in the gunfighter and not the new run of gladiator pros?
I know info from VKB is limited and that you hope to release more info soon, but i think that will be the determining point for if I reserve the gunfighter or not.

Now that's a good question. I'll be sure to ask VKB HQ about the future Glad Pro run and any gimbal updates planned (or not). Could very well be that the new high-end gimbal is reserved for the Gunfighter only - but I'll find out.
VKB North America

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:19

Kairo wrote:[...] but will the new gimbals be only in the gunfighter and not the new run of gladiator pros?

Official feedback from VKB HQ - No, because the new Gunfighter gimbal is larger than the Glad Pro/Mamba MkIII gimbals and won't fit the housing for those sticks.
VKB North America

Fiftysixk

Postby Fiftysixk » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:03

UpstairsChris wrote:
Goloith wrote:I think of VKB made a Space Sim grip with multiple hats, with a heavy duty/durable twist built into the grip it would sell thousands of them in North America. I'm not talking about a Space Grip for the cheap version like that of the Gladiator (non-pro).

This. Exactly.

I hope you guys are paying attention. With all the hype around Star Citizen and the loads of people play Elite Dangerous, lots of people are into space sims recently. Saitek equipment is garbage and the word is still out is their recent acquisition by logitech is going to fix them. Everything else, CH, Thurstmaster, etc, all have at least one significant caveat. So if you are looking for a high quality, no faults, space sim stick, there isn't one. People who are heavily invested in Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous are willing to spend the money if available. I think more people play Elite Dangerous on expensive VR headsets than any other VR game. If VKB can produce a nice space sim grip, with plenty of buttons, and an accompanying high quality throttle, all made of metal with a premium feel, you'll have throngs of Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous players who will purchase it.

If you build it, they will come.

Damn right.. I'm personally purchasing 2 gunfighters for their bases to use with a custom mirrored pair of TM Warthogs made by a member of the star citizen community. Shit is expensive, but you are so right that there is nothing out there if people want good equipment to play space sims. Many people have turned to modding and custom parts to fill their needs. There is a ton of demand for a manufacturer to capitalize on. And its not like people want gaudy or tacky futuristic designs, they want ergonomic high quality pieces with a few extra buttons. Doesn't seem like that much to ask for but here we are..

Goloith

Postby Goloith » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:07

Every picture of the Gunfighter Tabletop doesn't show pre-drilled holes. This won't void my warranty if I add them will it? Gosh I hope not, otherwise VKB needs to add them. Additionally, the Gunfighter Pro with extension does seem to have a wider-plate option. As someone with a Volair Flight Sim Chair (actually designed a part for Volair that's being sold [left-sided keyboard tray mount]) I'm really concerned about the amount of flex that a narrow base has on the Gunfighter Pro base plate. Especially with an extension and a stiff joystick, that's a lot of stress - it's like taking a cro-bar to the steel plates on the Volair. The only way I see fixing this is to reinforce the steel plates with wood blocks when bolting the Gunfighter down.

Steel flexing feels like joystick slop so it's incredibly important that non-occurs in both the joystick itself and it's base. The best joysticks are so stiff that they stay centered and there's no wiggle to the point that you can actually steady your aim on them. That's why Warthog pilots are owning everyone.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:59

When you take the base plate off, you can use the pre-drilled holes from the base itself. That's what MonsterTech does, for example, to mount the VKB Mamba in their rigs. No problem.
Or, I am sure you could get the Pro, and then don't use the extension, but use the smaller base plate that was designed for custom cockits, using its pre-drilled holes. All possible. :)
VKB North America

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:01

Goloith wrote:That's why Warthog pilots are owning everyone.

Surprising considering that sticktion-fest of a gimbal they use. I never enjoyed mine, but I was able to use adapt the grip to my Mamba. Works well.

IMG_20161217_154830.jpg
VKB North America

Return to “General discussions”