US/Canada Customers: Who wants a VKB Gunfighter?

Moderator: AdminGroup

US/CAN: DO YOU WANT A VKB GUNFIGHTER?

Yes, the VKB Gunfighter (tabletop version)
41%
Yes, the VKB Gunfighter Pro (with extension)
42%
Yes, the VKB Gunfighter Base Only
17%
Undecided, as I am still happy with my current stick, but might consider a VKB Gunfighter later
No votes
No, I am not interested in the VKB Gunfighter
No votes

Total votes: 64

rrohde

US/Canada Customers: Who wants a VKB Gunfighter?

Postby rrohde » Fri Dec 09, 2016 18:32

Hi guys,

in this poll I try to gauge the demand from North American customers who are interested in getting a VKB Gunfighter, due out in the first half of 2017 (since I do not know the exact release dates, I won't go speculating here; however, I will edit this thread as soon as I know more). This allows VKB to get a feel as to how many units to produce for the US and Canada in the first run.

Options seem to include the 'Gunfighter - tabletop version', and the 'Gunfighter Pro - with Extension'. The Gunfighter comes with the VKB Blackbox, a USB switch/hub that allows connections from other VKB devices, such as rudder pedals and future throttles. Initially, either version will ship with the WWII-style grip that was also part of the Gladiator series, but the Gunfighter's modular design allows the grip to be swapped out with other, future VKB grips or the TM Warthog grip (via adapter).

From the initial information gathered so far, it seems as if the Gunfighter's gimbal is yet another improvement over that of the one introduced in the VKB Black Mamba MkIII.

Once more info becomes available, I'll update this thread accordingly.

So, go ahead and vote to let us know. Also, if you know anyone on other forums that usually don't visit here - but are interested in the Gunfighter, please let them know as well.

Gunfighter (tabletop)
DSC00420.jpg

DSC00421.jpg

Gunfighter Pro (w/ extension)
DSC00461.jpg
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

epower

Re: US/Canada Customers: Who wants a VKB Gunfighter?

Postby epower » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:45

Am I correct in thinking that the the base and gimbal are the same for both the Gunfighter and Gunfighter Pro and that the only difference between the two is tabletop vs extension?

Thanks

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:00

There might be a difference in how many springs are used - from that one picture that I saw floating around, you could see that the gimbal showed two springs on the pitch axis - and this could be a configuration suitable for the Gunfighter Pro with Extension. That would make sense that such option exist to improve the stability and "feel" of the extended stick. However, I believe that even though only the Pro needs it, both versions might offer such a spring configuration. I guess we'll have to wait until VKB officially releases more information about the new gimbal... :)
VKB North America

nneeee

Postby nneeee » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:26

I voted, however I'm in Australia.

Not sure whether to purchase from you, Europe or China....

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:46

That's a good question; let me see if I can find out for you who would serve your part of the world best. :)
VKB North America

prainx

Postby prainx » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:09

Didn't get a chance to vote but he'll yeah I would be down for a pro or two.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:12

That poll should be running 'till February 7th, 2017, 9:32 am'; can you try again?
VKB North America

Fiftysixk

Postby Fiftysixk » Sun Dec 11, 2016 18:24

I would like 2 of the tabletop. I just need the bases and a blackbox for use in a dual joystick configuration (using a mirrored pair of warthog grips). I know its unlikely that the bases will be sold separately so I'm prepared either way. Only thing that would prevent my from purchasing 2 of the gunfighters day 1 would be if VKB releases the new mirrored pair concept they have been teasing.

rrohde, Ill take you up on your offer to reserve 2 of these before the pre order. Please let me know if there are any purchasing options come available in the future that would exclude grips.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Sun Dec 11, 2016 20:09

Sounds good. I'll PM you to get the necessary details from you to get on that list! :)
VKB North America

nneeee

Postby nneeee » Mon Dec 12, 2016 0:06

rrohde wrote:
Fiftysixk wrote:I would like 2 of the tabletop. I just need the bases and a blackbox for use in a dual joystick configuration (using a mirrored pair of warthog grips). I know its unlikely that the bases will be sold separately so I'm prepared either way. Only thing that would prevent my from purchasing 2 of the gunfighters day 1 would be if VKB releases the new mirrored pair concept they have been teasing.

rrohde, Ill take you up on your offer to reserve 2 of these before the pre order. Please let me know if there are any purchasing options come available in the future that would exclude grips.

Sounds good. I'll PM you to get the necessary details from you to get on that list! :)

I basically want the same 2x tabletop.

If you could let me know if the bases are available for dual warthogs, that would be great.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:52

Yes, the Gunfighters base is able to support the TM Warthog grip by using an adapter. So you can 'adapt' your TM Warthog to fit the VKB Gunfighter's base, and a special software profile allows you to have access to all the TM grip's buttons as well. If you have two TM grips, you can get two Gunfighters to accomplish this.
VKB North America

Spirit82DK

Postby Spirit82DK » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:04

Dear Rrohde

When do you expect we will see the joystick?

Also some specific data on it...

I have some money that is burning in my pocket!!!!!!

hughlb

Postby hughlb » Mon Dec 12, 2016 16:01

Would love to hear about purchase options for Australia, happy to go with whoever wants to take my money! :)

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Mon Dec 12, 2016 20:05

Spirit82DK wrote:Dear Rrohde

When do you expect we will see the joystick?

Also some specific data on it...

I have some money that is burning in my pocket!!!!!!

As to when - from what I understand, the (pre)order window might open in Q1 2017; the reason why I am vague here is simply because VKB hasn't officially announced anything regarding the Gunfighter details yet. This ties into your second remark about the details - we're still waiting for that official announcement from VKB to have that information that (not only) you is looking for. We're all excited for the Gunfighter - and waiting is the hardest part. :)
VKB North America

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Mon Dec 12, 2016 20:06

hughlb wrote:Would love to hear about purchase options for Australia, happy to go with whoever wants to take my money! :)

I talked to VKB about sales to Australia - no problem there. Depending on the logistics, it's either shipped directly from China or from the US, all depends. But feel free to order with confidence once the (pre)order window for the Gunfighter opens. We'll keep you posted! :)
VKB North America

Return to “General discussions”