Gunfighter with twist

Moderator: AdminGroup

solarwind

Gunfighter with twist

Postby solarwind » Sun Nov 27, 2016 23:18

I was planning to get a Gladiator (twist, non pro version) but came across some random forum post claiming that there are plans to release a twist version of the Gunfighter. If this is true, I'll hold off on getting the Gladiator. Has this been confirmed?

pretagonist

Re: Gunfighter with twist

Postby pretagonist » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:25

I would very much like to know this as well. I have been hearing conflicting rumors and I've read a lot of machine translated russian but I just can't find any hard information.

With the gunfighter it seems that VKB has finally gotten it's act together with a truly modular quality system and if I had any assurances that we would get twist and perhaps ambidextrous/lefty sticks in a reasonable timeframe I would order the gunfighter as soon as possible.

petrvs

Postby petrvs » Thu Jan 05, 2017 13:05

Afaik no twist on Gunfighter design planned for now.

Gunfighter Series http://www.vkb-sim.com.ar/gunfighter-mki-cjg9

Continuing VKB’s tradition of high-end flight stick solutions for the serious enthusiast, the Gunfighter Mk.I will be the foundation of our future modular H.O.T.A.S.
The Gunfighter includes a new, compact and sturdy base that houses our advanced metal gimbal system.
The models will be similar to the fat and kig options of mamba.
The base can be placed on the desktop or easily integrated into a custom home cockpit.
The default grip of the Gunfighter will be that of the Gladiator shape.
The grip will be removable and can be replaced with another style of grip such as the Warthog™ or Cougar™ grip by Thrustmaster™ or future styles offered by VKB
This stick is designed to be used in conjunction with rudder pedals and has no twist grip.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Sun Jan 08, 2017 0:01

solarwind wrote:I was planning to get a Gladiator (twist, non pro version) but came across some random forum post claiming that there are plans to release a twist version of the Gunfighter. If this is true, I'll hold off on getting the Gladiator. Has this been confirmed?

Well, you're comparing apples to oranges here, since the Gunfighter as a platform is modular in design. So the Gunfighter will come by default with a non-twist grip, but later down the line there will be additional grips by VKB that will have twist options! There's nothing stopping you from swapping out these grips as they become available. The Gunfighter is the basis for a lot of cool future things made by VKB to come! :)

... not just "another stick I will have to pass on because xyz isn't available". It'll come. Just takes development time on the part of VKB HQ. :)
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

DHRF

Postby DHRF » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:31

petrvs wrote:Afaik no twist on Gunfighter design planned for now.

Gunfighter Series http://www.vkb-sim.com.ar/gunfighter-mki-cjg9

Continuing VKB’s tradition of high-end flight stick solutions for the serious enthusiast, the Gunfighter Mk.I will be the foundation of our future modular H.O.T.A.S.
The Gunfighter includes a new, compact and sturdy base that houses our advanced metal gimbal system.
The models will be similar to the fat and kig options of mamba.
The base can be placed on the desktop or easily integrated into a custom home cockpit.
The default grip of the Gunfighter will be that of the Gladiator shape.
The grip will be removable and can be replaced with another style of grip such as the Warthog™ or Cougar™ grip by Thrustmaster™ or future styles offered by VKB
This stick is designed to be used in conjunction with rudder pedals and has no twist grip.

I put The red text there to avoid confusion, since is not available at this time, if a client discover that don't have twist after purchase will not be a happy client......

I am the one that Request twist adaptor from day 1. :D

gavros777

Postby gavros777 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 19:32

I was planning to buy 2 but due to no twist i'll buy only one.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Tue Jan 10, 2017 23:22

According to VKB HQ, the upcoming spacesim grip will offer twist (at least I was told this).
VKB North America

Bourrinopathe

Postby Bourrinopathe » Wed Jan 11, 2017 16:13

A twist rudder for space sims is almost mandatory.
I know many space sim enthusiasts who prefer their pedals for rolling (pitch+yaw with the stick) but many more prefer using all the axes with their main hand.
That's exactly why I used my Gladiator for Elite: Dangerous, and why I've never been comfortable using my Black Mamba + rudder pedals (despite the superior accuracy).

For reference, even the NASA space shuttle had a rotational hand controller (aka twist grip) (used for specific maneuvers):

Two versions for the upcoming "Kosmosimov" (I love that name :mrgreen:) would be ideal, but certainly not easy to produce and support.
Imagine one twist grip in your main hand and one with only two axes but using loose springs and appropriate friction/damping system so the secondary stick can stay where you left it. It sounds almost like perfection to me :)
/// ВКБ Black Mamba MkIII / ВКБ T-Rudder MkII / ВКБ Gladiator / X-55 Rhino throttle / OpenTrack /// UTC +4 ///

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:12

When you put it this way, it sounds really amazing. So yeah, I am in full support of the twisty grip as well. :)
VKB North America

Return to “General discussions”