Where/When I can I buy a Warthog adapter for the Gladiator Pro?

Moderator: AdminGroup

kverdon

Re: Where/When I can I buy a Warthog adapter for the Gladiator Pro?

Postby kverdon » Mon Oct 10, 2016 22:27

That rumor had better not be true! :-( There are a number off us that bout the Glad-Pro based upon assurances it would be Warthog adapter compatible. Folks in Europe supposedly have theirs????? They don't get to change their minds AFTER we made the purchase without offering some REALLY nice compensation!

This is a direct quote from SimHQ in May about the Glad Pro being able to use the Warthog Grip.

"You can use Warthog or Cobra M-5 grip in Gladiator PRO, with VKB addapter. Seems that PRO is what you want.

Only is not advisable use extension in this model, due the plastic case (can flex/deform) - but possible anyway."

If this indeed was a fraudulent statement and the Warthog adapter is not being made (as is being reported by VKB Europe) then there had better be some options that fall into one of these 3 catagories:

1. Full refund upon return of Gladiator Pro to Stratojet.
2. Full refund of difference between Gladiator Pro and Gladiator.
3. at the VERY least, Full Credit of the difference between Gladiator Pro and Gladiator towards the purchase of Gunfighter (assuming that is anyone would be fool enough to buy from VKB again!).

Jason had better get his rear back in here or I'll be taking the matter to his Better Bui. Bureau. Maybe THAT will get his attention.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Wed Oct 12, 2016 0:24

I've contacted VKB directly (Daisy) about the TM Warthog adapter (multiple times since April), in my case for my KVB Mamba, and she responded each time that production of these adapters should (or should have) start(ed) in September. So if the official VKB statement still holds true, we should be able to (pre)order them soon.

EDIT: you can contact Daisy here: sales_en@vkb-sim.pro
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

kverdon

Postby kverdon » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:43

Thanks, I emailed Daisy and asked for a clarification.

kverdon

Postby kverdon » Wed Oct 12, 2016 13:58

Well, some good news it appears, from the other forum. The short, official version is that Eduard from VKB Europe was incorrect in his statement that the Warthog adapter was not being produced. The official word is that a new adapter and updated controller board adapter have been produced, they are just waiting on a firmware update to make it through beta testing before making them available. I do apologize for putting VKBs head on the block but the earlier report was from VKB Europe, so pretty official. Jason's complete lack of response or presence here certainly did not help the situation. I do hope be has taken a lesson from that.

HooliganS3

Postby HooliganS3 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 18:13

That is a huge relief!

I will be buying 3 adapters as soon as the order page goes live.

Bourrinopathe

Postby Bourrinopathe » Wed Oct 12, 2016 18:48

[ related official clarification - for reference ]

From UIV:
During our latest session about VKB roadmap Eduard has misunderstood me. I have told him that VKB does not recommend to install a grip extension for Gladiator pro together with Warthog grip due to excessive forces may be applied to a plastic housing and, also, the low position of Gladiator Pro is not convenient. Gunfighter fits much better for that.
The grip wiring is now completely new in Gladiator Pro and Gunfighter flightsticks. It uses new microcontroller based 3-wire digital bus which allows to control now buttons and axis. Current 5-wire bus of Warthog grip communicates only data about buttons. in order to adapt 5-wire and 3-wire bus, we designed and produced special adaptor board. That's why, the new adaptor kit will consist of mechanical adaptor which allows to mount the grip to the base, electrical adaptor (PCB) required to connect 5-wire and 3-wire buses and special firmware update.
The mechanical and electrical components are produced and in stock. The firmware is being tested. When the tests are completed, we will be ready to accept orders.
/// ВКБ Black Mamba MkIII / ВКБ T-Rudder MkII / ВКБ Gladiator / X-55 Rhino throttle / OpenTrack /// UTC +4 ///

TripRodriguez

Postby TripRodriguez » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:06

It's been almost a month, any word on when we can order? My Gladiator Pro sit's gathering dust until I can get one!

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 0:39

TripRodriguez

Postby TripRodriguez » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:43

Any update? My Gladiator Pro is still gathering dust waiting for the adapter!

kverdon

Postby kverdon » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:05

VKB Europe has said they are going to be getting their supply of Warthog adapters soon. We still have no word for VKB US. What I would like to know is if VKB US is still a going concern and I should wait for stock here or if Jason has abandoned the US distributorship and I should by mine from VKB Europe. Jason has been non-existent here since August and this concerns me that he has abandoned the business.

Particle15

Postby Particle15 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 22:07

My thoughts/concerns exactly. It would be great to hear some feedback from Jason.

kverdon wrote:VKB Europe has said they are going to be getting their supply of Warthog adapters soon. We still have no word for VKB US. What I would like to know is if VKB US is still a going concern and I should wait for stock here or if Jason has abandoned the US distributorship and I should by mine from VKB Europe. Jason has been non-existent here since August and this concerns me that he has abandoned the business.

Eduard VKB FSC

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Mon Nov 28, 2016 23:13

Hello all,

Since there is no official reseller for North America yet, our clients from US and Canada could order Warthog adapters from EU store. We do not charge VAT for non-EU customers. Ordering will be opened in couple of days. Items are to be shipped in 1-2 weeks from now (as soon as the shipment from factory arrives).

Best regards,
Eduard
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Mon Nov 28, 2016 23:38

That's good to know! Thanks!
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

kverdon

Postby kverdon » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:05

Thanks Eduard, will be watching your site. Nice to see some good customer service, hope they find someone in the US at your level and not, ahem, the former US Rep's.

TripRodriguez

Postby TripRodriguez » Thu Dec 01, 2016 13:18

Excellent! Thank you Eduard.

I'll be watching and will order once I see them up.

This is the wrong thread, but any update on the Gunfighter? I do the dual stick space sim thing and if possible want to put my Gladiator Pro on the left hand with my custom throttle grip and the gunfighter on my right hand.

Return to “General discussions”