I do have a question about the joystick. The specs list
Package includes:
- Joystick
- USB Cable
- Instructions
- Warranty Card
- Software Information

2 Year Limited Warranty

However, my package was missing the last three items in bold (instructions, warranty card, and software information). Are these coming in a later envelope? I am not computer-savvy and really need step-by-step instructions to install and setup the joystick.
Thanks!!

edit
I found the Wizzo software on your download page. however, it does not work as described in the quick start manual. Can I call someone at tech support to walk me through the installation and calibration? what are the time and phone number that I can call?

I also do not know if I installed the stick correctly to base. The stick now rotates 360-degrees and I cannot remove it (at least it does not come off as easy as it went on the base, and i do not want to use any force). I think the whole yaw thing is broken! sometimes there is resistance and now there is no resistance and the stick rotates 360 yaw left and right. Need to know from your tech support when I call how to lock the stick in place so it does not move in yaw direction (for later when I get pedals), how to calibrate with your wizzo software, and to make sure the gimbal thing is not broken.
thanks!!

This is all a bit disappointing to say the least!
:(

Marmot

Re: Gladiator Joysticks Back In-Stock at Stratojet

Postby Marmot » Sat Sep 03, 2016 15:17

Stratojet-Jason wrote:Stop what you are doing and read what I have written below. Do not force anything with your stick. Your comments are very disturbing and worrisome.

You are right the website does say that and has been corrected, however, VKB did not provide what I was told they would provide in the box so I am not much help there. But to help you better understand your stick please watch these videos.

How to Attach Glad Pro Grip - viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2327

How to Change Cams and Springs - viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2335

To learn more about WIZZO read this thread and download the app and read the instructions. viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2284

Note: WIZZO works with the Gladiator and Gladiator Pro only. Not T-Rudders.

Note: We do not do phone support. Only email for technical and order issues.

Jason

Thanks for the vids and information. I will take a look at those later today.
:D

The Wizzo software does not work. The starting calibration works, but when I hit the stop button I get an error message saying, "No joystick detected. Wizzo software will now shut down"

I saw a post at the DCS World forum with a quick review of the gladiator pro stick. The owner said it was plug and play so I did try it in DCS last night and it worked! however, the deadzones could not be set in game so the stick was extremely sensitive to any movement.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=173302

Thanks so much for the help!!!!

yojimbosc

Postby yojimbosc » Sat Sep 03, 2016 15:33

From what I can tell that is normal for wizzo to reset the joystick when it writes your settings to its internal memory. Reload wizzo and see if your settings are how you set them. If they are then it worked. Try making one obvious change if your changes were too small for you to notice. It works fine e for my setup in Windows 7

Marmot

Postby Marmot » Sat Sep 03, 2016 19:49

yojimbosc wrote:From what I can tell that is normal for wizzo to reset the joystick when it writes your settings to its internal memory. Reload wizzo and see if your settings are how you set them. If they are then it worked. Try making one obvious change if your changes were too small for you to notice. It works fine e for my setup in Windows 7

very well! I will try and set deadzones in WIZZO and do a SAVE and see if that holds without even doing anything with the CALIBRATION operations in the manual. The manual says the WIZZO will restart automatically but this does not happen with my unit. fingers-crossed!

Unfortunately, I believe the Joystick buttons may be totally broken due to lack of package instructions and my stupidity in first post.

Mr. Stratojet-Jason, what do you recommend?
Unfortunately, I believe the Joystick buttons may be totally broken due to lack of package instructions and my stupidity in first post.
We need to start discussing my conducting a repair here, or sending to the VKB center for repair, or a replacement.
I would hope we could split all or any cost 50/50?
1. try an in-house repair with your direction to inspect and/or open up unit and see if can be fixed here.
2. Send in the unit to your VKB repair center for repair.
3. Replace the unit with a new unit.

thanks all!

Marmot

Postby Marmot » Sun Sep 04, 2016 16:10

Stratojet-Jason wrote:
Marmot wrote:
yojimbosc wrote:From what I can tell that is normal for wizzo to reset the joystick when it writes your settings to its internal memory. Reload wizzo and see if your settings are how you set them. If they are then it worked. Try making one obvious change if your changes were too small for you to notice. It works fine e for my setup in Windows 7

very well! I will try and set deadzones in WIZZO and do a SAVE and see if that holds without even doing anything with the CALIBRATION operations in the manual. The manual says the WIZZO will restart automatically but this does not happen with my unit. fingers-crossed!

Mr. Stratojet-Jason, what do you recommend?
We need to start discussing my conducting a repair here, or sending to the VKB center for repair, or a replacement.
I would hope we could split all or any cost 50/50?
1. try an in-house repair with your direction to inspect and/or open up unit and see if can be fixed here.
2. Send in the unit to your VKB repair center for repair.
3. Replace the unit with a new unit.

thanks all!

You need to send an email to Stratojet requesting warranty service. You can send it back to me and I'll check it out, but I am not going to have you do any kind of repair work. The warranty policy and procedure is clearly stated on the Stratojet website. If it cannot be fixed I will refund your money. These items are in very limited supply I do not have the luxury or replacing carelessly broken units, instructions or not.

Jason

Very well! Will do! If the unit can be fixed or replaced I am more than willing to pay a fair share of the costs (I mention 50/50 cost split, but I am open to negotiation).

Thanks for your help! Good to know Stratojet can be helpful when a customer and the company itself are so careless.

tuesday

Postby tuesday » Sat Sep 24, 2016 15:37

Stratojet-Jason wrote:I hope to have a Canadian fulfillment center setup soon to help with making Canadian shipments much easier. No ETA, but I will be working on it.

Jason

Where will the announcement be made when the fulfillment centre for Canadian customers is set up - website, forums, or is there an e-mail sign-up I haven't found?

I'll keep my eye on both, but I wish an ETA was possible - I need a new stick. I will wait a bit before resorting to buying another in hopes that this will open sooner than later.

Interested in the Gladiator but the surcharges and currency exchange are not pretty.

Return to “General discussions”