T-Rudder Pedals: Future Design Considerations

Moderator: AdminGroup

Warpig

T-Rudder Pedals: Future Design Considerations

Postby Warpig » Fri Jul 22, 2016 22:49

I own a set of Mk. III rudder pedals. I generally have no complaints about them except for one issue that comes with prolonged flight sessions.

The bar design of the pedal can become quite uncomfortable. This is even with proper foot ware on. The foot pads will start to get irritated, and with a long enough session, the irritation can become unbearable.

What I would propose would be a foot rest that has a much longer foot print than a simple bar design can accommodate. Maybe even just a rubbery plastic type material that fits over the bar, but will swivel with the foot. Considering that many of us already own this product, an add-on feature like explained would be a great addition if it was available for purchase.

I personally love the look and feel of the pedals, until the discomfort starts to settle in. I hope my feedback will be considered for future modifications to your already awesome pedals. Keep up the great work VKB!

Regards,

Warpig

rrohde

Re: T-Rudder Pedals: Future Design Considerations

Postby rrohde » Fri Jul 22, 2016 23:14

I have to say that this is a valid concern - I agree! Especially on my MkIIIs, the heels start to hurt after a while. The proposed padded swivel idea sounds like an ideal solution! :)
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Return to “General discussions”