Here's hoping

Moderator: AdminGroup

Canuck

Here's hoping

Postby Canuck » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:31

I only recently became aware of your existence. The products look very promising. I am hoping that a HOTAS is very soon in your plans. I am looking to replace my 11 year old Saitek X52 which is intermittently faulty. I ordered the X52 Pro and that was faulty upon arrival and since sent back. Seems the rumours of poor QC at Mad Catz were true. Othewrwise I would have gone for the X-55 but that is out of production now and the X-56 seems more suited to Space games. So your product seems it may be a salvation. I refuse to pay the price of the Thrustmaster (or rather SWMBO refuses to allow me).

rrohde

Re: Here's hoping

Postby rrohde » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:02

If I were you, I would hold out for the VKB Gunfighter, which replaces the Mamba. Will have the same high-quality gimbal as the Mamba MkIII, but overall a more modern (and future-proof) design.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Canuck

Postby Canuck » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:16

Thank you

DawnWing

Postby DawnWing » Wed Jul 20, 2016 20:40

I'm hoping they could have modern fighter product line instead of the sold out mamba...
and gunfighter, it seems still has a kg12 grip on pic they've shown.
also with that modern throttle, however many guys suggest to but a throttle of warthog on amazon, but I still hoping a VKB one.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Thu Jul 21, 2016 16:54

The grips are exchangeable. :)

This means that even though the Gunfighter might be released at first with a WWII-style grip, you can purchase the modern grip that VKB is designing and then just replace the old-style grip with that. The whole idea of VKB's design philosophy is to be modular, allowing the user to swap parts as they desire. The problem with that is that development a) takes time and b) is costly, so things do not happen as fast as we would like to, but it's coming... :)

The same goes for a VKB-designed throttle, which should be in development as well, but no ETA at this time...
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Return to “General discussions”