Pre-order in New Zealand and some tech questions?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Growler

Pre-order in New Zealand and some tech questions?

Postby Growler » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:05

Hi all,

Kiwi here.
Trying to understand who will be distributing the Gladiator MKI in Australia and New Zealand?
I have the TM Warthog Throttle and Stick and I am very looking forward to replace the base of the Warthog stick with the Gladiator base. Will it be a seemless grip replacement? What about buttons mapping?
Can the gladiator base support an offset (~15degrees) of the Warthog grip?
Will the gladiator base be available on its own as a SKU, for us Warthog owners who are looking to replace the base?

Cheers!

E.

Caillin

Re: Pre-order in New Zealand and some tech questions?

Postby Caillin » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:03

I can probably help you out on a few of these questions:

Regarding Aus/NZ, I think our best bet (I'm in Aus) is to go through Jason at Stratojet (www.gostratojet.com) who is the USA distributor. It might work out more expensive due to shipping, but is probably the easiest to deal with in terms of English speaking.

I'm pretty sure the standard Gladiator with twist won't support the warthog grip, but I don't think that has been confirmed yet by VKB. You'd need to go with the Gladiator Pro or Gunfighter.
If going the metal gimbal Gladiator Pro or Gunfighter, then you'll need to also purchase a Warthog adaptor to go with it. This adapter fits into the base of the Warthog grip and provides electrical and mechanical connection to the VKB base. Once connected, you then use the NJoy32 controller to program the buttons and hats in the grip. You'll no longer be able to use the TARGET software.
Warhog grip can definitely be offset for center stick mounting when using the adapter. Again, probably only in Gladiator Pro or upcoming Gunfighter.
No idea if the base will be available on its own. My guess is Gladiator Pro - No, Gunfighter - Yes/Maybe.

Note that if you are planning on using an extension for a cockpit and center mounting, you might want to wait for the Gunfighter instead of the Gladiator Pro, as it's made with an upgraded metal housing especially for this use case.

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:09

Growler wrote:Hi all,
Kiwi here.
Trying to understand who will be distributing the Gladiator MKI in Australia and New Zealand?

We have no an official dealer in Australia or NZ.
You can order the joystick from:
USA - Stratojet http://gostratojet.com/
Europe - VKB FCS https://flightsimcontrols.com/
Asia - directly VKB-Sim (sales-en@vkb-sim.pro)
Growler wrote:I have the TM Warthog Throttle and Stick and I am very looking forward to replace the base of the Warthog stick with the Gladiator base. Will it be a seemless grip replacement? What about buttons mapping?

We plan to release the TM Warthog adaptor for Gladiator Pro. Will provide the profile for Warthog grip button mapping.
Growler wrote:Can the gladiator base support an offset (~15degrees) of the Warthog grip?

The Gladiator Pro angle is arround +/-20 degrees.
Growler wrote:Will the gladiator base be available on its own as a SKU, for us Warthog owners who are looking to replace the base?

Maybe later.

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 19:52

Growler wrote
... Warthog stick with the Gladiator base. Will it be a seemless grip replacement?

This "how to" for Mamba give you a idea of how is done the replacement:

viewtopic.php?f=27&p=21543#p21543

Growler wrote:
Can the gladiator base support an offset (~15degrees) of the Warthog grip?

UIV wrote:
The Gladiator Pro angle is arround +/-20 degrees.

UIV misunderstood your question. :wink:
He answer is stick deflection in X, Y axis, but you can easily twist the grip ~15 degrees for left, see in the video in above link.

Growler

Postby Growler » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:16

Thank you very much for your help and answering the questions :)
I truly appreciate it.

I have been perusing the website some more and If I am not mistaken I am reading that the gimbals between the Vintage Black Mamba (with Gimbal upgrade) are the same as the Gladiator Pro, correct?

I am wondering what would be the benefit in going with the Gladiator Pro instead of the Black Mamba? I actually prefer much more the look of the base of the Black Mamba compared to the Gladiator.

Cheers,
e

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:41

Yes, they are same.
Gladiator body have more buttons than Mamba.
Heavy metal base of Gladiator to make the joystick is very stable.
You can connect the pedals to Gladiator directly.

Growler

Postby Growler » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:31

THanks UIV.

I tried sending an email to Asia but it came back.
Can you please double check the email address you wrote down in the previous post?

Thank you!

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:20

Caillin

Postby Caillin » Thu Jul 28, 2016 13:09

Hey Growler, just to update, the price plus shipping works out much cheaper if you order from Amazon if you have a Prime membership as they do very cheap delivery to Aus/NZ.

I think my total order was $150 Aid delivered.

Return to “General discussions”