Anybody Help - Have I all the correct parts?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Weegie

Anybody Help - Have I all the correct parts?

Postby Weegie » Tue May 17, 2016 21:10

I ordered the FBM Mk III, the warthog adapter and an extension (which is currently out of stock & I gather will come with its own set of springs)

So the stick and adapter arrived with a bag containing (I have the adapter piece but it isn't shown in the picture)

2x30 Cams
1x W Cam

7 springs

I'm confused as looking at other threads the springs appear to be supplied in pairs

I appear to have 2 sets of 3 and 1 odd, I haven't checked weight vs extension but 3 darker color, 3 sliver the same length and 1 silver slightly longer.

I'm only looking into this now as I want to change to a stiffer spring but I'm totally confused by what has been supplied

Can anybody help me out here as I am starting to think I'm short of some parts

Bourrinopathe

Re: Anybody Help - Have I all the correct parts?

Postby Bourrinopathe » Wed May 18, 2016 7:11

Hi Weegie,

If I'm not mistaken, the stiffest ones are the darker springs on the right.
There's a similar thread here, but without any official confirmation.
/// ВКБ Black Mamba MkIII / ВКБ T-Rudder MkII / ВКБ Gladiator / X-55 Rhino throttle / OpenTrack /// UTC +4 ///

Weegie

Postby Weegie » Wed May 18, 2016 12:37

Jason I'll send you a PM

Bourrinopathe

Yeah I noticed that thread, that is what started to get me thinking about the springs. You have been very helpful on this forum learned a lot from your posts, thank you.

The "Please identify the various springs that came with my Mamba + Extension" thread by rrhode had 5 sets of springs & got me thinking. He had the extension and if I include the set in the stick then that would mean I should have 3 spare pairs.

If the supply has changed then Ok fair enough, just trying to figure out what is what. I'm guessing the darker springs are for the Warthog adapter but I'm still unsure if the other silver springs are weaker or stronger than the installed set. Guess I just need to try them!!! On rrhode's thread they look like type B which would suggest they are slightly stronger.

As I haven't opened the stick yet the cam position also confuses, why 1 cam for the Warthog and 2 for alternate action (30)?

Does the Warthog cam only get installed to the pitch axis?

Many thanks both for the explanation

John

Cyph3r

Postby Cyph3r » Wed May 18, 2016 12:38

I thought there were 4 sets of springs and each set has 3 springs (with 2 already installed on the joystick, leaving 1 from one of the sets). If you bought the Warthog adapter and/or the extension, that would include another set of stronger springs.

Also yes, the warthog cam only goes on the pitch cam (to prevent it tipping forward)
Intel i7 4710HQ | 16GB DDR3 | nVidia GTX970M | 1TB Samsung 850 Evo
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• VKB Vintage Black Mamba Mk.III
• Thrustmaster Warthog
• Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

Weegie

Postby Weegie » Thu May 19, 2016 17:38

Well I tried an install of the 30 cams and dark springs

The 30 cam has a very strong center, unlike the 10, I quite like it.................but time will tell after a few trial flights

The dark springs are a lot stronger too, not as bad as a Warthog but very stiff especially at extremes

The only strange thing was I also decided the dark springs were maybe just a little too strong so did a trial on the shorter silver springs.

I did not fully assemble the stick but just from holding the stick in my hand and moving it with the dark springs and comparing to the short silver springs, it felt to me like the short silver springs were even stronger than the dark set

Return to “General discussions”