Where o..... Where.......

Moderator: AdminGroup

Harald

Where o..... Where.......

Postby Harald » Fri Apr 22, 2016 0:27

Where o.....where are the reviews ,feedback etc.. of the new Black Mamba,s
Nothing...nope. on You Tube etc...
I see reviews of everything but not of the so called dreamsticks of the gamers scene...

What a pity..

Please share your thaughts

Cyph3r

Re: Where o..... Where.......

Postby Cyph3r » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:37

There's a few forum posts of users opinions on the Black Mamba and unboxings. But yeah, review wise it's very scarce. There's no point putting effort into reviews for the Black Mamba now anyway as it's been discontinued.

Hopefully with the Gladiator/Gladiator Pro/Gunfight, VKB will send review samples out to many review sites and youtube channels.
Intel i7 4710HQ | 16GB DDR3 | nVidia GTX970M | 1TB Samsung 850 Evo
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• VKB Vintage Black Mamba Mk.III
• Thrustmaster Warthog
• Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

Harald

Postby Harald » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:07

Sorry i didn,t mean the old Mamba,s but the new Mk3 series..

But even about the old series there are barely solid reviews on the net...

If the VKB,s are so famous and good why..how..etc....

Cyph3r

Postby Cyph3r » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:09

Harald wrote:Sorry i didn,t mean the old Mamba,s but the new Mk3 series..

But even about the old series there are barely solid reviews on the net...

If the VKB,s are so famous and good why..how..etc....

Yes I was on about the Mk3 series. It's now discontinued so there's no point for VKB (or any one else) to put any real effort into getting reviews for it, as they are no longer producing them.

Which is why I said, hopefully VKB will organise reviews for they're future products.
Intel i7 4710HQ | 16GB DDR3 | nVidia GTX970M | 1TB Samsung 850 Evo
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• VKB Vintage Black Mamba Mk.III
• Thrustmaster Warthog
• Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

Sprite

Postby Sprite » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:04

I received mine a few weeks ago, have been getting used to it. I have only had 3 joysticks before, a Sidewinder Precision Pro 2, Saitek X52 Pro, and now VKB Black Mamba Mark 3. If you would like, i could post a review, but I dont know if my experience really makes me all that qualified to comment. I will say this though... VKB is infinitely better than my previous Saitek stick

Kris

Postby Kris » Mon Apr 25, 2016 17:17

Received mine two weeks ago, and here are my thoughts about the black mamba.
I am using the warthog grip with the black mamba base, and the joystick movement feels really smooth. I have a lot more precision control compared to the warthog base.
It has definitely improved my sim experience in DCS and BMS, especially with aerial refueling, ww2 planes and helicopters.

I am using the warthog cam for pitch axis and the soft center for roll axis, but the warthog cam feels like it has a hard-ish center(has a small bump when moving the stick across center pitch), so the hard center cam might be a better fit with the warthog grip, but I have not tried it yet.
Still have some testing to do with different cams, springs and the extension kit, but overall really happy with the base. :)

Edit: Tried the hard center cam today, and I liked the soft center cam better with the warthog cam and grip.

Daisy

Postby Daisy » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:55

Kris wrote:Received mine two weeks ago, and here are my thoughts about the black mamba.
I am using the warthog grip with the black mamba base, and the joystick movement feels really smooth. I have a lot more precision control compared to the warthog base.
It has definitely improved my sim experience in DCS and BMS, especially with aerial refueling, ww2 planes and helicopters.

I am using the warthog cam for pitch axis and the soft center for roll axis, but the warthog cam feels like it has a hard-ish center(has a small bump when moving the stick across center pitch), so the hard center cam might be a better fit with the warthog grip, but I have not tried it yet.
Still have some testing to do with different cams, springs and the extension kit, but overall really happy with the base. :)

Edit: Tried the hard center cam today, and I liked the soft center cam better with the warthog cam and grip.

Glad to hear that :D :D

Radsoc

Postby Radsoc » Wed Apr 27, 2016 17:55

I finally got it today, glad DHL has these self-service points so that you can pick up packages at your own convenience.

The build quality of the metal base is excellent, my custom logo turned out great. Nice LED work that can be set up to provide info on toggles, but the red gear LEDs flicker to green a little bit occasionally, for a couple milliseconds, maybe a software thing. Good set of accessible controls, which will come in handy for flight sims, especially trim and engine controls, and it's very convenient that you can rotate the grip for center mounts.

The default gimbal is smooth around the axes, which was the main feature I wanted, as it will help precision where it's important in dogfighting for instance. Good force progression toward the edges as well, doesn't stop unnaturally at a wall but builds up resistance rapidly (like an U) to make a gradual transition to a stop. If you want the extreme positions you'll have to really push it, and you'll know you're at the limits and what it entails for your craft.

The downside is the grip, I got a grey one (black would've been more fitting :P), similar to the Defender Cobra I have, but with the difference that the trigger buttons aren't as tactile. Maybe it's a question of habits and taste, but I'm used to the crisp (but noisy) clicking sound/tactile feedback of my other (older) grip. The button layout (type and location), including the multi stage trigger and pinky are essential though, but I would be interested in a slightly taller PAK FA style metal one (for example) with an analog thumb joystick for use with jets and/or space craft. I hope there'll be an updated grip up for sale eventually that ships with suitable cams/springs.

All in all, a nice piece of engineering.

Return to “General discussions”