VKB-Sim T-Rudder MKIII vs. MKIV

Moderator: AdminGroup

NuWhite

VKB-Sim T-Rudder MKIII vs. MKIV

Postby NuWhite » Tue Apr 05, 2016 13:42

-Rudder MkIV improvements compared to the MkIII:

1. More comfortable heel pads allowing different feet positions.

2. New size adjustment system and modified T-Rudder "feet" profiles, less prone to dust, with new rubber pads providing an improved grip.

3. Reinforced centering mechanism (4 mm thickness) with dual ball bearings for an improved robustness.

4. Reinforced pedals axes frame.

5. Improved pedals locking system preventing loosening or rotating the cylindric part.

6. External access to the tension mechanism allowing to realease the cam for easier disassembly.

7. Reinforced and visible spring force attach point (normal and high tension force).
Attachments
Comparison_MkIII-MkIV.jpg

rrohde

Re: VKB-Sim T-Rudder MKIII vs. MKIV

Postby rrohde » Tue Apr 05, 2016 16:38

Good info! Thanks!

Just one quick note - before this gets put out on more websites, please fix these little typos under #5 from "cylindric" to "cylindrical" , as well as under #6 from "realease" to "release". ;)
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

austrian_rookie

Postby austrian_rookie » Tue Apr 05, 2016 18:38

shouldn't such a change list be added to the "introducing the mk IV pedals" sticky? maybe even with a link to the youtube vid you guys have up since yesterday?
Why don't you guys try to make it easier for customers and bundle _everything_ worth knowing into one single announcement/sticky instead of splitting it up and having us search different places for different bits & pieces of info?!

i've just ordered and received mk III because your introduction only mentions the new heel pads (which I don't care about at all), reading that list I might have waited for mk IV.
same sh1t different day with the mamba III where you forgot to mention the limitation of cobra grips in your autumn update at flightsimmcontrolls.com but slapped that pretty important detail in my face with the december update ^^

regards,
thomas

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Tue Apr 05, 2016 20:52

Agreed. VKB needs some centralized, English-language based info-hub for all products, releases dates, and development updates. The question is - does VKB see the need for this as well? And if so, what are they trying to do about it?
VKB North America

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Wed Apr 06, 2016 17:27

Goes a litter further than information; for instance, my Mamba came with an extension; however, there is no info as to which set of springs goes with that extension. Some instructions would be nice. These instructions should be provided as part of that info hub as well. A one-stop-shop to find a) news, release info and announcements, and b) required documentation, downloads, and - most importantly - Howtos from the VKB engineers and/or avid and capable users.
It's sad how "lost" one can feel when looking at tons of springs in a single bag without the slightest info as to what spring provides what tension, and what spring is used to work with the extension. Also, one might feel equally lost with having no info on how to exchange springs within the gimbal, and/or exchange cams.

I am sure that this idea can be expanded upon by other forum dwellers as well...
VKB North America

Cyph3r

Postby Cyph3r » Wed Apr 06, 2016 17:57

rrohde wrote:Goes a litter further than information; for instance, my Mamba came with an extension; however, there is no info as to which set of springs goes with that extension. Some instructions would be nice. These instructions should be provided as part of that info hub as well. A one-stop-shop to find a) news, release info and announcements, and b) required documentation, downloads, and - most importantly - Howtos from the VKB engineers and/or avid and capable users.
It's sad how "lost" one can feel when looking at tons of springs in a single bag without the slightest info as to what spring provides what tension, and what spring is used to work with the extension. Also, one might feel equally lost with having no info on how to exchange springs within the gimbal, and/or exchange cams.

I am sure that this idea can be expanded upon by other forum dwellers as well...

You can find some videos on attaching the grip and changing the cams/springs on their Youtube channel.

But overall I agree with you 100%. There are constant promises of better resources in a more organised fashion. But it's still completely all over the place!
Intel i7 4710HQ | 16GB DDR3 | nVidia GTX970M | 1TB Samsung 850 Evo
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• VKB Vintage Black Mamba Mk.III
• Thrustmaster Warthog
• Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Wed Apr 06, 2016 18:21

And keep in mind - this is not to bash VKB; I am sure we all here want VKB to succeed so they can provide more awesome hardware for us. This is merely meant to be some feedback from the user-base and what we would like to see down the line in terms of support. :)
VKB North America

Return to “General discussions”