Has anyobody got their Mk.III yet..?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Troll

Has anyobody got their Mk.III yet..?

Postby Troll » Sat Feb 20, 2016 0:53

I have ordered the gimbal upgrade for my Mk.II and are curious about what you think about the cam gimbal... :)

Warpig

Re: Has anyobody got their Mk.III yet..?

Postby Warpig » Mon Feb 29, 2016 18:45

I haven't used it for an extensive amount of time, but so far it lives up to its expectations. Very smooth and accurate.

You get two different sets of cams.
-Default ones have a soft smooth center.
-Extra cams have a minor detent in the center.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Mon Feb 29, 2016 20:42

Hey Warpig,

could you describe the movement a bit? I am coming from an CH Pro Fighterstick, and you can actually feel the transition from one axis to another, which is not smooth and fluid as, for example, my old Saitek did. So, does the Mamba MkIII feel smooth without you feeling the transition between axes? Thanks. :)
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Warpig

Postby Warpig » Mon Feb 29, 2016 23:40

rrohde wrote:Hey Warpig,

could you describe the movement a bit? I am coming from an CH Pro Fighterstick, and you can actually feel the transition from one axis to another, which is not smooth and fluid as, for example, my old Saitek did. So, does the Mamba MkIII feel smooth without you feeling the transition between axes? Thanks. :)

With the default cams, you won't feel the transition across axes, everything is buttery smooth.

With the extra cams, you feel a detent when going over the center of the axis. I am actually using these ones right now so I know when I'm centered while I get used to the stick.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:30

Thanks! Good to know.

I am really looking forward to my MkIII. Should be part of the 2nd batch shipment... soon. :)
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Bourrinopathe

Postby Bourrinopathe » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:58

Thanks for the feedback Warpig! (and for the question, rrohde ;) )

I'm also waiting for the MkII gimbal upgrade as it should be shipped with the second batch too (this month I think - the chinese production sites are going back to full speed).
What I'd love to test is to mix the cams. I can't wait to test a firm center on the roll axis and a silky smooth pitch transition with the Su-27 for DCS.

Warpig, did you notice an increase in the axes resistance near the end of the movement amplitude? From what I understood the resistance should be slightly progressive.
Last edited by Bourrinopathe on Tue Mar 01, 2016 22:29, edited 1 time in total.
/// ВКБ Black Mamba MkIII / ВКБ T-Rudder MkII / ВКБ Gladiator / X-55 Rhino throttle / OpenTrack /// UTC +4 ///

Warpig

Postby Warpig » Tue Mar 01, 2016 21:37

Bourrinopathe wrote:Thanks for the feedback Warpig! (and for the question, rrhode ;) )

I'm also waiting for the MkII gimbal upgrade as it should be shipped with the second batch too (this month I think - the chinese production sites are going back to full speed).
What I'd love to test is to mix the cams. I can't wait to test a firm center on the roll axis and a silky smooth pitch transition with the Su-27 for DCS.

Warpig, did you notice an increase in the axes resistance near the end of the movement amplitude? From what I understood the resistance should be slightly progressive.

You're correct. The resistance is slightly progressive. The more you use it, the less that it is apparent though.

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:18

The resistance of stick
X axis - angle
Y axis - force
CAM (profile of force).jpg

Bourrinopathe

Postby Bourrinopathe » Wed Mar 02, 2016 14:36

Thanks UIV! This gives an idea about the resistance.

The cam 10 is the soft center if I'm not mistaken.
It will be interesting to compare the progressive resistance to the MkII gimbal (also progressive due to the spring tension/amplitude - just my guess).
Apparently, the new gimbal makes it less linear. Matching a non-linear response curve could be interesting for a coordinated tactile feedback (even kinda proprioceptive feedback). (if resistance=clue on the input value then: more piloting accuracy - hopefully)

I'll have to seriously hone my Su-27 gung fu before tasting that new gimbal potential. :mrgreen:
/// ВКБ Black Mamba MkIII / ВКБ T-Rudder MkII / ВКБ Gladiator / X-55 Rhino throttle / OpenTrack /// UTC +4 ///

Return to “General discussions”