Black Mamba III Software?

Moderator: AdminGroup

RozAlGhul

Black Mamba III Software?

Postby RozAlGhul » Sun Feb 07, 2016 17:48

Is there software available for the BM3?

I ask because most of the switches send a signal on change of position only. This is good for keybinds that are toggles however, it would be nice if this could be modified. For example: changing one of the toggle switches so that in one position it produces a continuous output for keybind-A and then in the other position it serves as a simple ON/OFF to keybind-B.

Bourrinopathe

Re: Black Mamba III Software?

Postby Bourrinopathe » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:54

The official VKB Device Config software is available >>> HERE <<<

(please note that I'm using a beta version - the stable version is v0.72)

But, be warned: there's no english manual and it's pretty unintuitive and rather complex.

Stratojet/Jason has advised not to use it until there's a proper english manual and he has suggested another solution (svmapper) - I can't recall where's the related post.

The VKB Device Config is full of advanced settings and you can save/load your configuration files.
The russian manual is available from the FTP. >>> HERE <<<
(there's an updated version somewhere but I can't recall where I found it, sorry)
[EDIT: updated version available >>> HERE <<<]

If you're not afraid to get your hands dirty, you could definitely give it a shot.

There are plenty of functions you can assign to the toggle switches/buttons:

For example, I've configured my BM for the (DCS) Su-27 and the main trigger acts like a different button if I hold it for more than 500 ms (short press -> button 2, long press -> button 1). You can also define the long press delay.
It's also possible to use the grip 3-position selector switch as a mode selector.

I assume the behavior you've described for the toggle switch should be programmable.
Last edited by Bourrinopathe on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:14, edited 3 times in total.
/// ВКБ Black Mamba MkIII / ВКБ T-Rudder MkII / ВКБ Gladiator / X-55 Rhino throttle / OpenTrack /// UTC +4 ///

Markeebo

Postby Markeebo » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:41

Just a quick question regarding this software.

Is this software required to run like TARGET anY time you want to run a profile? i.e. Runs continuously in the background while a profile is active? and as soon as you shut it down, the stick reverts to a simple DX controller.

Or doesn't it function like Foxy did where it was used to load a profile and the profile remained loaded in the stick until you changed it?

Sorry if I'm not getting this. My only frame of reference is TM products.

Markeebo

Bourrinopathe

Postby Bourrinopathe » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:37

The active profile is saved in the device's memory once you've applied it (button "Set", "Action" tab).
There's no need to keep the program running in the background.
Of course, you can power your computer and the device off and on - the profile will remain the same until you change it with the software.
/// ВКБ Black Mamba MkIII / ВКБ T-Rudder MkII / ВКБ Gladiator / X-55 Rhino throttle / OpenTrack /// UTC +4 ///

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:42

All settings of joystick controls - mapping, response curves, LED controls etc. are loaded into controller, so no need to run any software like with target (I use Warthog throttle, VKB pedals 19-3 and Fat Black Mamba so can compare their software).
An updated version of user manual you can download here https://yadi.sk/i/rBLRuR2ejTxwn.
Note! You can find description of some BETA functions in this manual, so if you find any mistake in the software or text of manual, please tell me.

PS
Bourrinopathe, we were almost simultaneously))) Thanx!
PPS
If you have questions about controller functions or configuration utility - we' try to answer.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Bourrinopathe

Postby Bourrinopathe » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:55

Ah! Thanks Victor! I couldn't find that link ;)

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:11

Bourrinopathe wrote:Ah! Thanks Victor! I couldn't find that link ;)

I want to put beta manuals into "carriage before the horse" topic))) http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=908
Now it is saved in my Yandex disk.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Markeebo

Postby Markeebo » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:59

Bourrinopathe wrote:The active profile is saved in the device's memory once you've applied it (button "Set", "Action" tab).
There's no need to keep the program running in the background.
Of course, you can power your computer and the device off and on - the profile will remain the same until you change it with the software.

Thank you for that.

Mark

StarLordRick

Postby StarLordRick » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:25

awe =man we need an english version

Return to “General discussions”