Select Mamba Mk.IIIs arriving today.

Moderator: AdminGroup

rebelsoulja

Re: Select Mamba Mk.IIIs arriving today.

Postby rebelsoulja » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:42

I just got mine today! Very happy with my new stick. The engraving was perfect and i like the free keychain you guys threw in! Really awesome buy!

rebelsoulja

Postby rebelsoulja » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:08

Yeah I'm not sure if i did it right but i just made sure the pins were aligned and i let it fall into place. Not sure if there's more to it but I'll just leave as it is until you guys give us the instructions. I hope I didn't mess it up or anything.

Bourrinopathe

Postby Bourrinopathe » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:06

Tremendous fun ahead!
Installing the stick is really easy. If you have any doubt, feel free to ask anything. I tried to provide some pictures and very basic instructions [ EDIT: post deleted - video now available ]

I own the Black Mamba MkII with the previous gimbal so I won't be able to help with the new gimbal adjustments.

So: how does feel the cams gimbal? Can you tell what the default cams (firm/soft center) are installed?
Last edited by Bourrinopathe on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:57, edited 1 time in total.
/// ВКБ Black Mamba MkIII / ВКБ T-Rudder MkII / ВКБ Gladiator / X-55 Rhino throttle / OpenTrack /// UTC +4 ///

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Tue Feb 02, 2016 20:27

Bourrinopathe wrote:So: how does feel the cams gimbal? Can you tell what the default cams (firm/soft center) are installed?

That's what I want to know as well! Please comment.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Lion 13

Postby Lion 13 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 17:08

Received mine yesterday. Very pleased with it. Like the three encodes {trim adjustment knobs}, they'll come in handy for radio frequency selectector knobs.

rebelsoulja

Postby rebelsoulja » Wed Feb 03, 2016 18:55

I just tested mine out last night on Star Citizen. All I can say is WOW. I'll be honest and say that this is the very first flight stick I've ever bought but I have tried one other at my friend's house, the saitek x52. There's absolutely NO comparison. The price reflects the quality of the product and then some.

I would say that my aim and control with the flight stick was pretty much on par with my mouse skills if not better considering this was the first time using it in a long time and in game. This thing is super accurate! I just took it out of the box and plug and played it without fine-tuning anything. This was the first time playing Star Citizen with a stick and I feel at home with this stick, almost like it was made for the game. I think I might actually be able to obtain better results with this stick than my mouse if I practice enough and get used to it. I'm super pleased and couldn't be any happier with the results, quality, and precision.

Manfromx

Postby Manfromx » Wed Feb 03, 2016 21:05

I received mine on Feb 1st. I've mostly just been reconfiguring games and getting a few flights in over the last few evenings.

Build quality is very nice, especially the base and I can't wait for more KG12 grip info now that's for sure.

The extra pack-ins (keychain, springs/cams) were quite a nice surprise as well.

As for the actual action of the joystick. The default springs/cams offer output with a lighter touch than my previous CH Fighter Stick. For flight games (Rise of Flight / IL-2 BOS) it's been amazing so far. Subtle movements register and the action is very smooth and enjoyable.

I've also tried Star Citizen and had a few troubles there. The joystick is very sensitive and this can cause me to start oscillating the controls (go too far one way, then too far back to correct, repeat). However Star Citizen's flight model is still in Alpha, thrusters aren't aircraft control surfaces and by changing the in-game sensitivity curve I was able to alleviate most of my issues. I also went from HOTAS to HOSAS (hand on stick and stick) so there was/is more of a learning curve involved here as well.

Overall I'm very pleased thus far. I had my CH Fighter Stick for over a decade and it's still going strong on another PC. If I can get similar life out of this joystick and I see no reason why it wouldn't I'll have no issue picking up more gear from VKB.

Even without programming software the joystick is easy to recommend. Plus I can use tools like FreePIE and vJoy to handle this anyways (with the added benefit of working with other manufacturers gear).

Great work! :)

StarLordRick

Postby StarLordRick » Mon Feb 15, 2016 19:51

rebelsoulja wrote:I just tested mine out last night on Star Citizen. All I can say is WOW. I'll be honest and say that this is the very first flight stick I've ever bought but I have tried one other at my friend's house, the saitek x52. There's absolutely NO comparison. The price reflects the quality of the product and then some.

I would say that my aim and control with the flight stick was pretty much on par with my mouse skills if not better considering this was the first time using it in a long time and in game. This thing is super accurate! I just took it out of the box and plug and played it without fine-tuning anything. This was the first time playing Star Citizen with a stick and I feel at home with this stick, almost like it was made for the game. I think I might actually be able to obtain better results with this stick
than my mouse if I practice enough and get used to it. I'm super pleased and couldn't be any happier with the results, quality, and precision.

This is great to hear since i also play star citizen. just not much lately kinda bored with the server crashes and bugs but its alpha.

DHRF

Postby DHRF » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:35

Saitek release the x56 for space sims.........

Guarantee to stop working on 1 week ..... :x

Radsoc

Postby Radsoc » Sat Apr 02, 2016 14:50

Yes, but if you make a throttle, it's a really good idea to include an analog joystick on it, like on that one or on the CH Pro Throttle.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Sat Apr 02, 2016 22:13

Radsoc wrote:Yes, but if you make a throttle, it's a really good idea to include an analog joystick on it, like on that one or on the CH Pro Throttle.

Totally agree! Love that thumb-stick on my CH Pro throttle. VKB should consider one (or two) of those analog thumb-sticks as well for slewing TDCs, etc. when designing their future HOTAS throttle.

FYI - just got my DHL shipping confirmation that my Mamba MkIII (and extension) has shipped. Should be here early next week. Yay! :)
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

messiah

Postby messiah » Fri May 27, 2016 22:56

I just refunded my x52, for the VKB Gladiator Pro and T-Rudder Mk5 pedals.. just need to find a standalone throttle.

Return to “General discussions”