Looks like the Mambas are gone!

Moderator: AdminGroup

PatMan33

Looks like the Mambas are gone!

Postby PatMan33 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:22

All the Mk. IIIs appear to have gone. Sad that I missed it by only a day or two.

But the upshot is that now I have time to wait (and save) for the Gunfighter! bwhahahahaha!! :D

rrohde

Re: Looks like the Mambas are gone!

Postby rrohde » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:02

Damn... that was quick! Limited Edition was no lie. Glad I ordered it when I did on Nov 26... :)
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

PatMan33

Postby PatMan33 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:19

Yeah!

Hoping that the Gunfighter has some switches or knobs on it. And/or that the accompanying throttle for their "modular HOTAS system" has the gizmos I want.

Mr WHIMington

Postby Mr WHIMington » Thu Dec 03, 2015 17:04

Noooooo, I was very busy working for 2 weeks and only just got time to relax :(

I am not sure what to make of the KG-12, there is just too few buttons on it for a modern combat sim and I absolutely HATE software function switch.

edit: Now that I think of it, the only thing I could do is to wait for VKB to release a grip more suitable for modern combat sim, I could still use the KG12 for some GA helicopter flight.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Thu Dec 03, 2015 18:39

Or you could hop into the awesome DCS WWII warbirds, like P-51, Fw-190, Bf-109, and Spitfire IX :) I guess that the KG-12 is really made with the IL-2 crowd in mind. VKB has a huge following there.

But, I keep hearing that VKB is working on another modern grip that might resemble a Russian design once more. But when? Dunno...
VKB North America

DawnWing

Postby DawnWing » Fri Dec 04, 2015 17:49

I'm interesting in the throttle for the gunfighter, and very eager to see it with metal grip joystick.
Come on!!!
:evil: :evil: :evil:

DHRF

Postby DHRF » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:33

We have to send the message to UIV that mamba is the people choice.
MAMBA or he will wake up whit a black mamba in the bed............, :twisted:

I wonder if I should buy 20 and let the people fight for them, how many $$$ for the last mamba

When VKB become a huge success the mamba will be in the museum of VKB in the sky lobby of the VKB plaza......VKB is the new google :mrgreen:

rebelsoulja

Postby rebelsoulja » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:54

I'm glad I decided to get this joystick when I had the chance. I won't see for a while but the wait will be worth it when it arrives on my front doorstep :D

Mr WHIMington

Postby Mr WHIMington » Tue Dec 08, 2015 13:27

Oh well, on the bright side I got to try the new handle earlier then most people.

nimrod77

Postby nimrod77 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:52

I was to slow aswell...
I really would like a gunfighter but the KG 12 grip won't do for modern stuff or Star Citizen.

Satyrn

Postby Satyrn » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:48

Sorry to hear that guys. There is the Vintage Mamba just put up that has the Black Mamba Mk3 base, but the KG-12 grip...

There is always a warthog grip adaptor...

PatMan33

Postby PatMan33 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 20:39

I want the community's opinion here.

Now that the Vintange Mamaba is on sale do you think I should go for that or wait for the Gunfighter? As I understand it, the Gunfighter will be the next iteration of VKB's high end sticks and will supersede the Black Mamba. Is this correct? Also, does the Vintage Mamba have the new gimbal? I didn't see that anywhere, but maybe I just missed it.

Finally, since the Gunfighter is part of a "modular HOTAS" setup, I suppose the lack of switches and knobs will be covered by whatever sort of throttle VKB creates in the future?

Either way I suspect I won't be getting the Vintage either since it is very limited quantity and the money I had been saving for the Mamba has already gone into savings. So I'm playing the waiting game again. hue :U

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Fri Dec 11, 2015 21:07

See my answers in red below

PatMan33 wrote:I want the community's opinion here.

Now that the Vintange Mamaba is on sale do you think I should go for that or wait for the Gunfighter? As I understand it, the Gunfighter will be the next iteration of VKB's high end sticks and will supersede the Black Mamba. Is this correct? Also, does the Vintage Mamba have the new gimbal? I didn't see that anywhere, but maybe I just missed it.

That is correct - the Gunfighter will supercede the Mamba. And yes, the Vintage Mamba will have the new gimbal, too. From the announcement "...The Vintage Fat Black Mamba includes a WWII style grip which will also be found on the upcoming Gladiator line of joysticks. By combining this vintage looking grip with the high-tech Fat Black Mamba base, which includes our next-gen gimbal..."

Finally, since the Gunfighter is part of a "modular HOTAS" setup, I suppose the lack of switches and knobs will be covered by whatever sort of throttle VKB creates in the future?

I always found the Fat Mamba base to be overloaded, but I was dying to have the Russian-style grip, so I went for it. I would have preferred the Mamba without that overloaded base, but the main reason to purchase it for me was the Russian-style grip - the last of its kind. Like you, however, I do hope that VKB will have some modern throttle in store for us rather sooner than later, offering a lot of configuration options.

Either way I suspect I won't be getting the Vintage either since it is very limited quantity and the money I had been saving for the Mamba has already gone into savings. So I'm playing the waiting game again. hue :U
VKB North America

PatMan33

Postby PatMan33 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:10

Excellent response, thank you!

Having learned a bit more about the Gunfighter Pro Plus in the other topic, I am thinking of possibly holding off on the final series of Mamba and the final version of the Gunfighter. Especially with the Gunfighter (which I really do want) and depending on the final price of everything here, I am thinking it might be worthwhile to get something less-expensive but full-featured at first and waiting for the second-generation Gunfighter HOTAS. Again, I'll have a better idea of what I will do once I can see final pricing on the higher-tier Gladiator and Gunfighter systems.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:28

The Gunfighter is the VKB base of the future, with hopefully some more customizable grips coming down the line. If I were you, I would get the Gunfighter, buy the extension as well, and have some fun. Then, when VKB releases its (hopefully) modern grip that superseded the Cobra grip, you have what you wanted! :)
VKB North America

Return to “General discussions”