What about a throttle?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Bourrinopathe

Re: What about a throttle?

Postby Bourrinopathe » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:23

So much expectations :) VKB must be boiling with ideas!

I think Komodo Simulations have some interesting collective controls.

When it comes to ergonomics, some essential factors have to be considered and I think VKB is on point and more than able to avoid the X55/X65 weaknesses. I own a X55 and despite the cheap build quality and (numerous) flaws (the rotaries resolution is awful and jumpy!), it's a very decent throttle, full of buttons, switches and such. Everything you need for a modern sim.
I'd be delighted to discover VKB is considering a Su-35/X55 dual throttle. Even the weirdo-potato F-35 throttle looks really interesting (I'd like to test it, if you happen to know a F-35 reseller around).
But perhaps the WWII era controls have to be complete first? (but the Black Mamba design was there first, right?)
/// ВКБ Black Mamba MkIII / ВКБ T-Rudder MkII / ВКБ Gladiator / X-55 Rhino throttle / OpenTrack /// UTC +4 ///

DHRF

Re: What about a throttle?

Postby DHRF » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:55

I think they must go whit a modular design.

similar to the joystick.

change levers, from jet to ww2 style and reinforce de concept whit a metal rack to attach swichest or others instruments.
of course the raxk must have de possibility of several mounting including alone.
But the possibility of add swiches and other things that will go whit the chosen style, jet,ww2 make it easy to fill the diferent roles. more complete.

ww2 levers, and ww2 attached extras could be ww2 style, as a jet levers and modern switches or touchscreens make it modern

Return to “General discussions”