Bring the Mamba to the US?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Azurith

Bring the Mamba to the US?

Postby Azurith » Tue Oct 06, 2015 20:18

Any plans to bring the Black Mamba to the US?
My Ideal setup would be a Fat Black Mamba/VKB Throttle with an analog thumb-stick/T-rudder.

A modular H.O.T.A.S. system was mentioned in the release plans sticky, so I am hopeful for a nice VKB throttle someday :)
I imagine all 3 devices will get a controller box so the Computer sees one device or perhaps that will be handled in the software in development.

Very exciting,
Azurith

Azurith

Re: Bring the Mamba to the US?

Postby Azurith » Tue Oct 06, 2015 21:01

I am completely OK with the Gunfighter base assuming it has the same internals that makes the mamba so great. I do need a grip with more input options for the new space sims. well have to wait and see what new grips they are working on for the future.

P.S. Ive heard talk of a PAK-FA based grip in the works 8)

Edit:
I do find it odd they aren't offering the already existing Mamba grip with the Gunfighter base since the grip already exists. A new seat standard for the grip perhaps?

DHRF

Postby DHRF » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:42

The fat mamba is more sexy, the gunfighter is great but the mamba was my first love.

Zorik

Postby Zorik » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:26

@Stratojet-Jason,
I've started thread on Reddit, there are bunch of people who are discussing right now.
You are more then welcome to say Your word and answer the questions.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3nprnd/vkb_and_stratojet_release_plans_q4_2015_2016/

MGH

Postby MGH » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:31

its a real shame the mamba isnt coming soon and we have to wait for the gunfighter rollout ... ive been waiting for it for what feels like an eternity, probably at least a year - im mostly a space simmer so like my buttons and hats and the gunfighter unfortunately does not offer that.

really like the sounds of the VKB gimbal mechanism, but cant afford to buy it and the warthog/cobra to switch the grips around. a little sad today.

Azurith

Postby Azurith » Wed Oct 07, 2015 16:15

MGH wrote:its a real shame the mamba isnt coming soon and we have to wait for the gunfighter rollout ... ive been waiting for it for what feels like an eternity, probably at least a year - im mostly a space simmer so like my buttons and hats and the gunfighter unfortunately does not offer that.

really like the sounds of the VKB gimbal mechanism, but cant afford to buy it and the warthog/cobra to switch the grips around. a little sad today.

I am in the same boat! I know these things take time, but don't wait too long to get a good grip out. I think if you can manage to get a decent grip on the gunfighter before the Official Star Citizen stick gets released you might find yourself selling them like hotcakes (:

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:36

Well, the Mamba looks a lot like a Russian control stick, like from an Su-25 or similar. I would love to have the Mamba for DCS World.

EDIT: Seems as if the Mamba is being made again, with production starting in Q4 of 2015:

http://vkb-sim.pro/project/fat-mamba-mk3/ :D
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Return to “General discussions”