T-Rudder Mk. III Discussion

Moderator: AdminGroup

invictus84

Re: T-Rudder Mk. III Discussion

Postby invictus84 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 16:19

Jason:

I have the T-rudder MkI. I've heard I might be able to buy the new CAM from the MKIII for my MKI. Is this true and if so can I do it through StratoJet or should I reach out to VKB directly?

Thanks in advance,

Keith
ATAG_Invictus

invictus84

Postby invictus84 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 18:59

No worries! I'll send an email...may not be worth it (I'm quite happy with the cam in the Mk1, but the option would be nice if its not too expensive).

Thanks for the reply. I'll likely be reaching out to you for one of the Gunfighters eventually. :D
ATAG_Invictus

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:51

Well, since I am a first-time owner of any VKB product, I have to say that I am really impressed with my new T-Rudder Mk. III pedals. The only thing I would like to be able to have is maybe a slightly stiffer spring - can this be adjusted?

Now I cannot wait to purchase a VKB-made HOTAS, preferably something along the line of the Fat Mamba (or the new Gunfighter) and some VKB throttle offering hopefully, too.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Bourrinopathe

Postby Bourrinopathe » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:38

Hi rrohde,

Based on the QuickGuide drawing and official pictures, it looks like the MkIII mechanism is almost identical to the MkII version (I own). You should have two available positions for the spring anchor point. You can increase the tension if it's not already fixed to the outer hole.

It's time to grab the tools ;)

(sorry I didn't see your message earlier)
/// ВКБ Black Mamba MkIII / ВКБ T-Rudder MkII / ВКБ Gladiator / X-55 Rhino throttle / OpenTrack /// UTC +4 ///

Azurith

Postby Azurith » Tue Nov 10, 2015 21:41

How does the USB Controller "Tiny box" work.
Ive pre ordered the Mamba MkIII, can they both use it?
If so, is there a 3rd slot for the future VKB Throttle?

Thx

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Tue Nov 10, 2015 22:14

Thank you for the info, Bourrinopathe!

Now, I have no idea as to what screws to loosen in order to open the area that I would need in order to a) tighten the spring, and b) flip the cam around. :) BTW - good talking to you on the ED forums, too! :)

Does anybody know how to open the T-Rudder Mk.III up correctly so I can get access to the parts I want to change? Support? Anybody else?

Thank you.
Last edited by rrohde on Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:51, edited 1 time in total.
VKB North America

Bourrinopathe

Postby Bourrinopathe » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:07

You're welcome rrohde!
(and same about ED forums ;) )

Better than a loosy explanation, here's a nice video from Ilya (uiv) VKB's magician:
T-Rudder MkIII mechanism removal
/// ВКБ Black Mamba MkIII / ВКБ T-Rudder MkII / ВКБ Gladiator / X-55 Rhino throttle / OpenTrack /// UTC +4 ///

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Thu Nov 12, 2015 21:08

Nice! Thanks again, Bourrinopathe. Is there a video that shows the tightening of the spring as well? Thanks :)

EDIT: After I opened it up (thanks to the video), it also became apparent as to how to tighten the spring; so I'am all set now. Thanks.
VKB North America

MZsarko

Postby MZsarko » Wed Feb 03, 2016 20:43

I just got the last set of Rudder pedals and I have to say they are, beyond a doubt, the highest quality set of pedals I've ever laid eyes on. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this website for any new products. Such build quality...

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:56

MZsarko wrote:I just got the last set of Rudder pedals and I have to say they are, beyond a doubt, the highest quality set of pedals I've ever laid eyes on. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this website for any new products. Such build quality...

Cool! VKB is giving me serious "GAS" (Gear Acquisition Syndrome), wanting me to purchase all they have to offer. Got the MkIII Pedals as well, and I am waiting on my Mamba MkIII plus Stick Extension update. Cannot wait for a VKB-made throttle as well. So, welcome to the club. :)
VKB North America

rebelsoulja

Postby rebelsoulja » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:44

When will I have the opportunity to purchase these pedals?

Bourrinopathe

Postby Bourrinopathe » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:57

Afaik, the T-Rudder MkIV are on the bench. They're next with the Gladiator Pro. We'll probably have more news after the Chinese new year (vacation).

@MZsarko: Great to know you're more than satisfied! I'm also extremely happy with my MkII and I love the design. The compact size is a real treat when you want to move them away.
I even used them with Elite: Dangerous and they're a perfect match using the right pedal for the forward thrust and the left pedal for the reverse thrust - just like a space racing car!

Also, the new virtual brakes software should emerge in the upcoming weeks (hopefully).

Return to “General discussions”