Switch Axis & Press Button

Moderator: AdminGroup

Kharleroi

Switch Axis & Press Button

Postby Kharleroi » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:35

Hello. I would like to program a button on my VKB gladiator to do two things:
1. Switch my physical y axis from controlling the y-axis to controlling the slider axis.
2. I would like my game to also detect the button I press to switch the axis I control.

Right now, I can switch the axis with no problems, but my game will not detect the button I press. Any help would be appreciated.

fallout9

Re: Switch Axis & Press Button

Postby fallout9 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:52

Can't bind the button in game because it's a 'silent' button, which works only at logical level. I suggest to use a boolean to connect that button with a physical button, which would be discoverable in game. If you managed to program a button to swap axes I imagine you'll be able to get through the boolean procedure, but I can help further if you can't figure it out.

Kharleroi

Re: Switch Axis & Press Button

Postby Kharleroi » Fri Apr 12, 2024 16:41

Thanks for the advice. I had tried Boolean before but couldn't get it to work.
I was able to successfully use Boolean NOT function to set up virtual button 35 to be pressed when a physical button 35 is pressed. The physical button swaps the axis and the virtual button provides a keyboard keystroke.
I had to re-read the details of the Boolean NOT function in the manual. Really need to pay attention to those checkbox images.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”