Cyclic Command

Moderator: AdminGroup

albertordia

Cyclic Command

Postby albertordia » Mon Mar 25, 2024 19:58

Greetings. My first post here - new to VKB. Just got the Gladiator NXT EVO and STECS Standard. Great equipment!

I am trying to set up a simple cyclic command on a button on the Gladiator. That is, you press it once and it executes a key bind, press it a second time and it executes a different key bind, press it again and it goes back to first key bind. I had such a setup on my Extreme 3D Pro, but I can't for the life of me seem to figure out how to do it on the Gladiator.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Ron61

Re: Cyclic Command

Postby Ron61 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:36

The picture shows the setting for the button on the head of the grip on the right under the index finger. Each subsequent press will press the 4th or 44th logical button.
ButAlt.jpg

albertordia

Postby albertordia » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:28

Excellent!

Thank you so much for this - you made it so plain and easy!!

I came pretty close while trying on my own - not checking the "Pulse" option was what got me.

Again, many thanks.

edtherabbit

Postby edtherabbit » Tue Mar 26, 2024 13:38

Hi, my first too post and I'm trying to do approximately the same thing as Albertordia, and also with issues.
I have an SEM and FSM combination, and my end goal is to have SEM buttons 1-5 cycle 2 logical buttons each, changing the associated LED's colour between them (for example B1, B2 and B3 will be power on/off for engines, weapons and shields - a total of 6 commands)

My issue is when attempting to follow your example picture below: Button with alternate action, default and set states as off, and pulsed, I don't have the ability to select a second virtual button.

I've also tried to set it up as a cyclic command (so physical button 1 cycles virtual buttons 1 and 51, through to button 5 doing 5 and 55), which initially seems to work, but for some reason the VKB config software automatically changes bindings of *other* buttons.
I set up those 5 the way I want one after the other, and one of the first ones I set has changed, or if I try to shift every button 5 virtual buttons forward to leave space for adjacent cycled commands, and get physical button 1 cycling logical 1 and 2, through to physical 5 cycling 9 and 10, some of the buttons I shifted earlier have changed back (K switch 1 that should now be on 11, 12 and 13 is back to 6, 7 and 8)

I've gone through every button's profile and turned off auto-remap, and it still seems to do it.

Do you know what's happening here, and how I can avoid it, or how do I get the BA option to give me a second button to bind please?

edtherabbit

Postby edtherabbit » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:07

Ah, figured that out, the physical button gets mapped to a sequential set of logical buttons, which in turn get bound to the virtual buttons of your choice - I hadn't realised about that extra layer.

Example: Button A1 on the SEM is set as Cyclic switch with 2 positions, with the first button set to 51.
This cycles logical buttons 51 and 52, which are in turn mapped to buttons 1 and 51

now to figure out how to get the associated LED switch between green and red depending on the most recent pressed.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”