Need help understanding curve values

Moderator: AdminGroup

Ykon O'Clast

Need help understanding curve values

Postby Ykon O'Clast » Wed Mar 20, 2024 14:54

Hi all,
I'm the happy owner of a gunfighter II base with a MCG Pro grip, I've had them for some years but never took the time to seriously use them until recently (Real life issues etc.).

Could someone explain to me what to values of the axis curves mean? I read the NJoy32 manual (section 3.6 "response curves") but could only find information about HOW to change these values, not what they MEAN.

I read somewhere (can't find where now) that 128 means "normal response" and that anything below that is underresponsive and anything higher overresponsive.

I tried setting a custom curve that would be completely linear up to 50% (so, 128) followed by sharp increase then a plateau (that's how I usually like it).
What followed was interesting : I was able to set these values :

10% : 128
20% : 128
30% :128
40% : 128
50% (start of the increase) : 160
60% (185)

Then, as I said, it became interesting :
70% : 182, I could not make it higher. This "182" value seems very arbitrary and is lower than the preceding 185 one.
80% : 160, once again this was the max I could input, even lower than the preceding one.
90% : 142, even lower and even more random, why "142" as a max here?
100% : 128, once again, I couldn't input anything higher, 128 seems less random but why?

Why are all max values decreasing after 60%?
Where do these seemingly arbitrary max values come from?

In the graphical representation, all the last values are at about the same height despite being wildly different from each other.

I feel like I'm missing something very important and fundamentally not understanding how response curves work. Could someone enlighten me?

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”