Button used to reset relative axes and at the same time be recognised by the sim

Moderator: AdminGroup

dkonst

Button used to reset relative axes and at the same time be recognised by the sim

Postby dkonst » Sat Dec 16, 2023 16:35

Hello everyone.

I use a Gladiator NXT EVO premium and I use the mini-stick in relative axes mode.
Is there a way to use a button on the grip to reset the axes and simultaneously to be recognized by the simulator as a regular button?
I figured how to use a button to reset the axes but it is not recognized by the sim.
Thank you for any help

Cheers

Victorus

Re: Button used to reset relative axes and at the same time be recognised by the sim

Postby Victorus » Sat Dec 16, 2023 21:55

I use similar construction with MCG. Relative axis of a HAT for zoom control. Button to reset axis only. What if you additionally assign this button to any function. You set zoom then using button retract gear (for example). Zoom will be reset.
If you still want, use RPB (Replica button) function.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

dkonst

Re: Button used to reset relative axes and at the same time be recognised by the sim

Postby dkonst » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:27

Hello. Pretty much the basic concept I am looking for is what you described; however, I am unable to achieve it since I am not that familiar with VKB config program.
The way I understand it with RPB you press one physical button and two logical buttons are activated, correct?
Let’s say for example I want to press F2 on my gladiator evo base and want to activate both logical button 28 (the one F2 is assigned by default) and logical button 68 which is available (green).
My button mapping wizard looks like the image bellow. I must be doing something wrong because in the test page, when I press F2 button, neither 7 nor 68 become red.
I appreciate any help on the matter.

Cheers
Attachments
rpb.JPG

dkonst

Postby dkonst » Sun Dec 24, 2023 20:01

Never mind guys, I figured It out.
What I wanted to achieve was to have several buttons to change between several views and the mini-stick in relative axes mode to pan the view around. Additionally, I wanted with each view change to reset the relative axes, because if the axes were off center it could be a little bit disorienting.

In case any one else needs any guidance, here are the steps.

Let’s say I want button 68 to be a replica of physical button 16.
Go to Profile - Buttons - Physical layer.
Select inactive button 68
In the Button mapping wizard select RPB and Replica Button N = 16 (Now each time you press button 16, button 68 is pressed as well)
Next go to button 16 and select Rel Axes, on the cell below select RESET and bellow that check the axes you want to reset. In my setup the mini-stick axes are 5 and 6.

I followed the same process for button combinations 35, 69 and 36, 70.

There is amazing potential with the VKB Device config program and I am very pleased with the hardware as well. Amazing!

Cheers guys
Attachments
forum 1.JPG
forum 2.JPG
forum 3.JPG

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”