STECS detent programming

Moderator: AdminGroup

Syrath

STECS detent programming

Postby Syrath » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:54

Ive got 2 detents on my throttle the first is for setting engines to ON, the second is for turning on afterburner, My issue is that when I set up the afterburner detent, im able to scale the throttle percentage so that it hits 100% when it hits the second detent, ive got a button setup that if I push past the detent afterburner goes on, however the throttle immediately drops to the relative position on the detent so if I have my detent at 75% i experience a 25% drop in power when I would rather keep that at 100% am I missing something in being able to set it up so that while you go through and past the detent it stays at 100%

fallout9

Re: STECS detent programming

Postby fallout9 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:35

Please check again the STECS detents guide and make sure you're following the steps.

Syrath

Postby Syrath » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:03

Thanks I have , however on that guide they have only one detent shown when setting , up , if you set up two detents its a bit different if you look at the following setup , I have the first detent setup to run on an engines off and on mode, so moving the throttle through the 1 section results in 0 output on the Y axis the second you go past the boundary of 1, it sends a pulse to turn the engines off (and conversely when you go down it turns them off). So far so good

The upper detent (2) , is set to press a button the second you go past the first boundary of 2 to activate an afterburner, and at the boundary the throttle output is 100% , again, so far so good. The issue is that the second that you push the throttle onto or past the detent , it no longer uses the curve set , it jumps from 100 , back down to approx 75 and the throttle is outputing the position as if there were no detents setup resulting in an immediate throttle decrease of 25% the second you start to push over the throttle. If you dont have the 2nd detent setup it scales correctly up to 100 when you hit max. The behaviour I would have expected is that once you hit 100 it would stop there, but it seems to default to the normal throttle scaling the second you push it past the newly set 100 mark , please see image for settings.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ZzbNXRqcr_X7J_AMB-4-jnYf9xm79EY/view?usp=sharing

And for reference please see what happens when you push past the detent on this image

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QVzx2AWgtwZOFP0RaILPJSJMpHsj35hB/view?usp=sharing

at RAW 73.2 DI is 95.1
at RAW 78.9 DI is 75.7
from the way Ive programmed I would expect from 76 and above it should be close to or exactly 100 all the way through the travel of the throttle to the physical/RAW 100 point Ive no idea why it behaves the way it does with an immediate drop of 24 from 100 to 76 on the DI as you increase the throttle, im sure its something Ive done wrong, but its not something that is shown on the video. Setting one detent the way you want to is easy , but setting up a second detent with an "early" 100 seems ot be an issue.

Syrath

Postby Syrath » Thu Nov 30, 2023 23:15

Okay after a few weeks of running this , I figured it out, the issue appears to be with the throttle travelling through the area that the detent is setup for, if you reduce the 2nd detents width to 0 it no longer dips and stays at 100%

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”