Cycle through SubShifts with one button: One K-switch for setting frequency in DCS

Moderator: AdminGroup

Viking

Cycle through SubShifts with one button: One K-switch for setting frequency in DCS

Postby Viking » Mon Nov 13, 2023 0:24

I would like to use one one of the K-switches on my SEM to adjust the frequencies in DCS. With the center press I would like to toggle through the different frequency digits and up/down would adjust them. I.e. the center press would need to toggle between up to 5 subshifts (one subshift for one frequency digit).

What is the best way to achieve that? I could not find a way to switch through the different subshifts with one physical button.

Many thanks in advance!

Ron61

Re: Cycle through SubShifts with one button: One K-switch for setting frequency in DCS

Postby Ron61 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:13

For this there is a Modal Switch function that allows you to multiply buttons. For example, you can make four from one physical encoder by switching to the desired one with a flip switch on the SEM.

Viking

Re: Cycle through SubShifts with one button: One K-switch for setting frequency in DCS

Postby Viking » Mon Nov 13, 2023 16:53

Thanks for the feedback! :D

Now, instead of the 4x pos. MODE Switch I would like to use a single button as Modal Switch.

I tried using a Cyclic Switch to toggle through the modes, but that does not work as the Cyclic button press is only momentarily.

Is there a method to toggle through several (virtual) radio buttons with only one physical button?

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”