STECS CRJ Detent Logic Challenge

Moderator: AdminGroup

ginoc1

STECS CRJ Detent Logic Challenge

Postby ginoc1 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 15:27

I'm trying to set up a detent rack to simulate a CRJ (or airliner in general) throttle. Basically - would like to trigger 5 virtual detents (button events) with 3 physical detents: Shutoff, Idle, Climb, TOGA, and MAX Power. Shutoff and Idle seem easy...using a 1>,<2 event with a bottom L. Thrust Reverse Enabled switches (mapped to the two STECS "palm" switches) will enable thrust reversers before pulling back into shutoff "detent".

The challenge is the upper piece. Climb, TOGA, and Max Power are all close together near the top range of the throttle. My thought was to use 2 adjacent tall V detents pushed up to the top of the detent block. Climb "detent" button would trigger when I bump the bottom of the first V. TOGA command should trigger when I go over the first V, and then Max Power command should engage when I push over the 2nd V. There should be no axes increase or decrease between the two V,s, When I come down off of Max Power, the TOGA command should trigger again between the two V's and then the climb command as well after pulling back through the lower V (without triggering the Idle button from the lower detent). I've tried a variety of 1>,<2, ==, >, => and =< combos but can't get it worked out. Any thoughts on a working solution would be greatly appreciated!
Attachments
CRJ Detents.png

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”