NXT-L+THQ(WWII Grip)+FSM+THQ_NXT-R Assembly Help

Moderator: AdminGroup

bhemp

NXT-L+THQ(WWII Grip)+FSM+THQ_NXT-R Assembly Help

Postby bhemp » Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:05

Hi there,

Love this hardware, but the setup has been frustrating. I'm trying to build the configuration listed above and haven't yet been successful. Still not 100% sure this configuration is even possible. I've seen some posts in other forums that would suggest it is, but not any detailed setup instructions.

Issues so far have been:

1. Not sure if both joysticks have to be connected. They both light up when connected to one, but only the one plugged in is recognized. Connecting two has them both show up in the config software.
2. Can't seem to get more than one THQ recognized by the config software. I've tried disconnecting each of the joysticks and the WWII grip so I'd have a NXT+2THQ configuration for testing, but still can only get one to be recognized. Firmware appears to be the latest when I check each device's info.
3. I ordered one of the HID modules, but I don't think I need it and connecting to the joysticks is enough?

Photos attached below. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!

IMG_3582.jpg

IMG_3583.jpg

Ron61

Re: NXT-L+THQ(WWII Grip)+FSM+THQ_NXT-R Assembly Help

Postby Ron61 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:32

Count the axes on the combination of devices - if there are more than eight, then an additional HID controller will be needed.
But this can be avoided by configuring devices like this - LGNX+1THQ - one USB cable, RGNX+1THQ+GA - another USB cable.
But in any case, you will need 2 USB cables.

fallout9

Re: NXT-L+THQ(WWII Grip)+FSM+THQ_NXT-R Assembly Help

Postby fallout9 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:39

There could be only one :)
meaning you could only have a single HID controller in a unit. Connecting 2 Gladiators or 1 Gladiator with a module upgraded with a GNX HID Controller won't work.
What can you do with these parts is:
1. One of the Gladiators connected with the modules, the other Gladiator standalone - 2 USB devices;
2. One Gladiator connected to one module, the other with the other module - 2 USB devices;
3. Both Gladiators independent, one of the modules upgraded with the GNX HID Controller, linked to the other - 3 USB devices.
(in all these cases you could have the joysticks and modules attached to each other).

About the fact that only 1 THQ is recognized - they have to be on different subaddresses and more than that, the THQ carrying the WW2 throttle grip has to be on subaddress 4. More about setting up the THQ module here.
If still doesn't work post a screenshot of VKBDevCfg showing the Global/External panel.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”