Three permanent Buttons with one Button

Moderator: AdminGroup

mic79

Three permanent Buttons with one Button

Postby mic79 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:25

How can I switch between three permanently pressed keys with one physical key?

I want to switch to navigation mode, ground mode or air mode in DCS with one key. The respective active button should act as a modifier.

If I press the button once it stays pressed. If I press it again the second button becomes active and after pressing it again the last one. If I press it again the first button will be activated permanently and so on.

I hope you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance.

Victorus

Re: Three permanent Buttons with one Button

Postby Victorus » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:22

Physical button function RadioButton.
https://mega.nz/folder/ghtAlCTD#0br8bLP0UEWIv9BIkewI2g/file/kh8lDaZQ
Section 4.3.3. RadioButton
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

mic79

Postby mic79 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 18:05

I don't get it. If I set the first button as master and take the other two into the group, only the master lights up permanently and If i pressed the button nothings happens.

When i use a cycle switch then the first button lights up permanently but after every pressing the second and third button lights up only so long i press the first button.

What i want is, that i can switch between 3 permanent pressed buttons with on physical button!? As with the Tempo function, but not with short, long and double presses, but with a short press.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 0:20

I don't think you'd need a permanently pressed button. Cycling Switch function with 3 buttons should do what you need.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:15

What do you mean
mic79 wrote:What i want is, that i can switch between 3 permanent pressed buttons with on physical button!? As with the Tempo function, but not with short, long and double presses, but with a short press.

What I see. Three buttons are always on. What must happen if you switch to already "pressed" button?
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

mic79

Postby mic79 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 22:55

I want to switch between modes with one button and use the current permanent button as a modifier in each mode.

For example:

To change the modes the button 4 should be used. After each press another button should be permanently pressed to act as modifier.

I flight with the SU25-T in DCS. At the beginning i´am in the navigation mode. Here the button 1 + permanent pressed button (e.g. 41) is my brake.

Now i press button 4 an i´am in the air-to-ground mode. There button 1 + permanent pressed button (e.g. 42) is my launch bomb.

Last i press the button 4 again an i switch to air-to-air mode and button 1 + permanent pressed button (e.g. 43) is my missile.

Now when i press button 4 i´am back to navigation mode with permanent button 41.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 13:14

Try using the Tempo 3s function for the toggle button. Naturally, you will need to customize the buttons for each Shift.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”