When using Boolean how to prevent the virtual button of the condition to be pressed

Moderator: AdminGroup

youtcham

When using Boolean how to prevent the virtual button of the condition to be pressed

Postby youtcham » Sun Dec 04, 2022 17:09

When I use Boolean with virtual buttons as part of the condition, it always trigger 2 buttons to be pressed at the same time, the virtual button of the condition plus the virtual button of the boolean result. How to prevent this?

-----------------

What i am seeking to do: Use 2 buttons to manage all the functions for bombs and rockets (open bay door, select release mode, select fuse, jettison, etc..)

I have configured one button with tempo 3A as a mode selector to select nothing/unarmed (1 short press), rockets (2 quick presss), and bombs (1 long press).

Then i configured another simple tempo 3 to select 3 functions for bombs or 3 different functions for rockets or 3 different functions when unarmed.

Each tempo is associated with 3 virtual buttons.

I combined these tempo buttons with Booleans to create 3x3 -> 9 Booleans, to emulate a total of 9 virtual buttons.

I came up with bolean but may be there is another smarter way to obtain 9 buttons out of 2 physical buttons?

For each bolean, the 2 virtual buttons given by the tempos are associated through a "2 AND" logical function and give as a response another virtual button.

Each tempo is working properly as expected when testing them independently, and the booleans are working well also.

-------------------

The issue I have when using boolean is that it always returns two buttons pressed at the same time, the virtual button of the tempo (one of the condition) plus the virtual button of the boolean result.

If it would be a fisical button, it would be easy to associate it with "no function" and get only the boolean virtual button as an output.
But, for virtual buttons obtained from a tempo, or any virtual button as a matter of fact, i do not know how to disable it so that it would have no effect, and not be read by the game as a button pressed.

I know it sounds quite complex. Hopefully an expert in VKB community with better programming skills could guide me a little and show me the path.

Many thanks in advance,
Y.

with 2 of the 3 tempo 3a mode but not with the

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”